Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
The "NO" is granted. If we don't try it will never certainly never happen

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
The petition is going to the wrong people.

It's Microsoft that took ownership of Nokia's former mobile assets like Symbian, Series 30, and Meego. Of course we know that just recently, HMD (a new Finnish company backed by French private equity) then ended up buying some of the former Nokia assets that Microsoft owned (Series 30 and the feature phones business). No mention was made of Meego or Symbian transferring to them - so you would have to imagine that this technology is still Microsoft owned.

Folks, you need to let Maemo/Meego go. Neither are coming back.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by salahkhani View Post
Just let us hope that Nokia will listen to us to I love Meego even though I wish they could revive the Monster Maemo.

Meego is good with a powerful gear it will way Android.
I think sabre-tooth tigers were really cool, and way more powerful than those pu​ssy lions nowadays. Will you sign my petition to bring them back? If we can get 500 people to sign it, crazy scientists will hear our plea and justify their resurrection efforts of the Smilodon to their managers with the fact that the enormous amount of fifty times ten people across the globe think it would be pretty cool.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post

It's Microsoft that took ownership of Nokia's former mobile assets like Symbian, Series 30, and Meego. Of course we know that just recently, HMD (a new Finnish company backed by French private equity) then ended up buying some of the former Nokia assets that Microsoft owned (Series 30 and the feature phones business). No mention was made of Meego or Symbian transferring to them - so you would have to imagine that this technology is still Microsoft owned.

Folks, you need to let Maemo/Meego go. Neither are coming back.
You, as a NokiaFanatic, should hope to keep Maemo/Meego dream alive

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
I think sabre-tooth tigers were really cool, and way more powerful than those pu​ssy lions nowadays. Will you sign my petition to bring them back? If we can get 500 people to sign it, crazy scientists will hear our plea and justify their resurrection efforts of the Smilodon to their managers with the fact that the enormous amount of fifty times ten people across the globe think it would be pretty cool.
Seriously how old are you? Making such comparision is something...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Let me correct that for you;

Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post

It's Microsoft that took ownership of Nokia's former mobile assets like Symbian, Series 30, ̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶e̶g̶o̶ ̶.
Maemo and Meego rights were never sold to MS.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Seriously how old are you? Making such comparision is something...
The comparision is very accurate.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The comparision is very accurate.
Though I do agree that this is a fruitless effort, the comparison is not accurate.

Meego and Maemo COULD be resurrected with a realistic amount of effort. The resurrection of an extinct species of animal could not...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Though I do agree that this is a fruitless effort, the comparison is not accurate.

Meego and Maemo COULD be resurrected with a realistic amount of effort. The resurrection of an extinct species of animal could not...
For Nokia, the amount of effort required could roughly be the same, though.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
For Nokia, the amount of effort required could roughly be the same, though.
I assumed the original quote was hyperbolic. My issue was pretending that it wasn't.

I would say that the likelihood of seeing another Meego/Maemo phone is roughly exactly as likely as resurrecting a saber-tooth tiger.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post: