Notices

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Okay, one problem fixed - glGenFramebufferOES in gles1.c looks like a typo, should be glGenFramebuffersOES (note the s

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
I've got it working with need for speed and sims.

Is there any way to run the games from MyDocs? i dont have more space left in user folder (??) so i can't test more games...

Thanks for all this

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by SSLMM View Post
Is there any way to run the games from MyDocs? i dont have more space left in user folder (??) so i can't test more games...
Yes, but it's not easy. MyDocs should be mounted without noexec.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Yes, but it's not easy. MyDocs should be mounted without noexec.
Nice...so... i'me going to try to empty some space in my user directory

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Btw, seems Palm has its internal 8/16GB memory mounted as /media/internal. I'm pretty sure we should have that symlinked to somewhere in MyDocs since some software uses it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Since PR 1.3 is close, you might want to consider when reflashing everything to edit the eMMC image so that you will have a bigger /home/ partition. Something like 6GB should be enough. I already did this although I used my own method which is long and complicated. If you are willing, you can reflash now. Don't forget to backup of course. It is solution #5 in the wiki: http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning...y_globalbus.29

Here it is:

Solution #5: Edit eMMC image (works on PR1.2, by globalbus)

Backup MyDocs, we need to flash device. Open eMMC image in hex editor, go to 0xcb, you will see this
Code:
partition {size = 2048;fs_type = "ext3";prefix = "home";}
Edit size parameter (do not change the size of file! The number must be from 1000 to 9999) Flash it now.

If MyDocs have incorrect size or it's not mounting automatically you need to format it and paste files from backup.

Code:
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
mkfs.vfat -F32 -s64 /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1
If you have problems with this methd ask around in this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=35122

BTW a big thanks to Javi for this great find. Incredible that developers haven't noticed this (or did and decided to ignore it). Anyway thank you very much. I wish this gets noticed by EA, Gameloft and others.

Last edited by pantera1989; 2010-10-24 at 20:30.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Göteborg, Sweden
This is great! I have successfully run NFSU and Let's Golf. Thank you javispedro!

When can we expect a new version in Extras-devel? I need glBindFramebufferOES and PDL_SetFirewallPortStatus which seems to be implemented in git. The games I try to run is Glyder 2 and The Giant Fighting Robots.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I've made a video: maemo Games: Sims 3 on N900
Watch it on our youtube channel, on meetmeego.org or directly on the youtube page!

Have fun!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
Sorry for the noob question, but would it in theory be also possible to get other apps than games to work on the N900 in the same way?

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by NOMOS View Post
Sorry for the noob question, but would it in theory be also possible to get other apps than games to work on the N900 in the same way?
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Remember that this only runs "Native" applications. If an application makes use of the Mojo framework (javascript, html widgets, ...) it's no longer native. ALL OpenGL games are "native" applications, though.
As long as they don't use Mojo it would be possible.

Tags
bada rox, chuck norris, phone, preenv, webos