Notices

Just tried it yesterday, no contact, checked with an ohm-meter and all 3 connections are OK.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
OK.

SO about using Gionee Battery. It seems that the voltage shown by aqua fish, is not exactly near about the original voltage of battery. ( I measured the voltage, with multimeter, while phone was in use.)

/sys/class/power_supply/bms/voltage_ocv seems to more correct than /sys/class/power_supply/battery/voltage_now. Even that one fails, but it is still nearer to the original battery voltage.

And, the shutdown voltage seems to be 2.9V. 3 times I drained my phone completely, it shutdowns at 2.9V. from 3.3V it drains to 2.9V in minutes. And it wont start until battery is charged to atleast 3..0V.

One more thing I noticed:

My phone seems to kind of suspend itself whenever I lock my screen, and it takes 10s to unlock.

In systemdatascope, I can see my phone going in C1 and C0 states which I had not seen before this and I ahve no idea why it happens.

One more thing: /sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity <- writing to this file sets up what percent your phone thinks the battery is !!

PS : C1 and C0 thing may be the effect of upgrading to version 2.0.4. Previous version was 2.0.2.

Edit : That unlocking issue --- the result of a corrupted mmc(i/o error). It may have gotten corrupted due to some improper shutdown. Changing the mcc, seems to have resolved the issue.

Edit2 : C0&C1 state effect was not of upgrading. It was also the side-good-effect of mmc corruption.After removing it, it is back to 99% C2 state.

Last edited by insanelysexy; 2017-09-24 at 09:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to insanelysexy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,322 | Thanked: 4,080 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Berlin
thanx for the solution.

I used foil and had it solderd directly to the battery contacts. Just works fine, only the phone rarely last for more than 3/4 of a day?!

shutting off wifi doesn't seem to have to big of an effect, gotta watch that further.

The Following User Says Thank You to alfredquack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,042 | Thanked: 15,217 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by alfredquack View Post
the phone rarely last for more than 3/4 of a day?!
I don't know about Jolla C, but for Jolla 1 this is absolutely normal. If you do not use it and just leave it on the shelf, you may get up to 3 days but if you actually use it, nota bene in less than ideal conditions, 1 day or even less is not entirely unexpected.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Interesting solution...
This pen can draw electrical circuits.
https://www.facebook.com/circuitbrea...hnGd6iCO0-zSQA
I doubt that'll work in this case, since at the intersection between contact and plastic it'll break sooner or later.

I found It easiest to just solder the foil to the contacts, since I did not have no condacting glue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alfredquack For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by alfredquack View Post
I used foil and had it solderd directly to the battery contacts. Just works fine, only the phone rarely last for more than 3/4 of a day?!

My impression was that the (currently available) UMI batteries have poor capacity. Maybe I got one that was old (laying in the ware house for some time).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bomo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bomo View Post
My impression was that the (currently available) UMI batteries have poor capacity. Maybe I got one that was old (laying in the ware house for some time).
Same impression, my battery lasts far less thank a day with Wifi or data on

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chribbio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 339 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.

I'm thinking about doing a battery replacement for my JollaC, but given the last comments, I'm not convinced about the batteries quality.
Is anyone with this solution still using the JollaC as a daily driver? I think a full day of use per charge would be more than enough for me...
Anyone willing to share their experience with this hack?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

P.S: I'm already using an Xperia X, but would like to extend my Jolla C's life.

Tags
battery, diy project, jollac