Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
We're not interested in closed source packages. If there's GPL source packages, we're interested and why would Nokia be upset about us using GPL code? :P. But everything troublesome legally we obviously have no interest in

From a geeky point of view, I'd like to see their rootfs.

I didn't mean "can Mer steal their closed source packages?"

I meant "have they implemented any open packages that fill in the gaps of what Mer is missing due to Nokia not having opened it?"

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
I didn't mean "can Mer steal their closed source packages?"

I meant "have they implemented any open packages that fill in the gaps of what Mer is missing due to Nokia not having opened it?"
I haven't been able to find any sources yet, sadly. That they did implement some 'interesting' replacements, is something else.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by taril View Post
Its awesome!
Where can I get one?
Meh. The interesting part, to me, is the possibility of opening up more Maemo/Mer options, if the source packages are available.

As for the device itself, if I wanted a plain tablet of that size, I'd probably get the Archos 5 IT.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Meh. The interesting part, to me, is the possibility of opening up more Maemo/Mer options, if the source packages are available.
Worth checking if the device has a X-Terminal..

That could be interesting.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Not impressed, looks like a usual chinese knockoff. I would question the quality of the hardware and as some others mentioned is that Maemo 4?

I will be trying to install some Maemo applications on it to film another video. Would anyone of you like to write a few suggestions as for what I should try to install on it and what to do with it?

I think I may have to look for apps at http://www.woojoy.com/repository/ otherwise I am not sure where I may find some apps to try, or what I should really try to do with it. I would appreciate your suggestions then I can film a second video using it.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hilversum

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
According to the image of the video on the site, it comes complete with Internet Explorer.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
its firefox fennec but has IE icon?? wtf

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
i dont know about you guys but it took for ever to open that e