Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
hahaha . . . that dude is funny

He's geeked out by his new device heh. I get like that too tho everytime i get a new toy to play with.
Cool device, its basically a faster n800. Nothing to write home about as its still using some kind of modified OS2008. I like the ui better then my n810. I wonder if we can get the image of this device and run it on our hardware. Also ripping the default keyboard/games and apps and running them on our devices seem feesable

-Hint Hint nokia- Update your n8xx or someone else will!

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ queen creek , AZ
i feel that my n900 is still faster .. ..

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
This video was posted in December around this forum, and a thread that was started in July of last year - here you go...

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This video was posted in December around this forum, and a thread that was started in July of last year...
And now "First Maemo device NOT made by Nokia!" with eight posts has been merged into that (this) very thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
btw, the cpu used is a xscale. Basically its a arm variant that intel cooked up, before selling the whole thing to marvell. Its somewhere in the ballpark between arm9 (the instruction set it compatible with) and arm11, so its 1.5 generations behind the cortex found in the N900 or archos 5 IT.

i have this mid,but now it does't work

when I use apt-get update,the error log:

正在读取软件包列表... 有错误!
E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
E: 处理 canola2 (NewVersion1)时出错
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_chinook_free_bin ary-armel_Packages
E: 无法解析或打开软件包的列表或是状态文件。

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@avnow,

Cool. Try "apt-get clean" and then try again.

You're probably the only person alive with the OP5-E. Would it be technically possible for you to extract a complete image of the root file system and post it somewhere for analysis?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
zombie what extra does it have from the manufacturer? you should try to extract and upload it here who knows it might have goodies hidden

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
@avnow,

Cool. Try "apt-get clean" and then try again.

You're probably the only person alive with the OP5-E. Would it be technically possible for you to extract a complete image of the root file system and post it somewhere for analysis?
i delete the resoure.list,and it;s ok,thank you very much

i don't know how to get the image,i'm a freshman