Active Topics

Notices

you are amazing!!! damn.......never seen someone mod the N900 so much.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Yea, but check for inserted jack port can be relayed to second jack port also - then no need to using dumb. If, at the same time, we incorporate another check only on second jack port (for example, "probing" other portion of jack plug) and use it to disable/enable amplifier, we got 0 additional effort solution. That electronic parts i still can't remember name for are very small, if used for such a low voltage like <5v.

I really, really can't remember it's name... Is the same thing that start water cooling pumps connected to 230V when computer starts, in desktops sets. Of course ones for 230V are MUCH bigger, but as i said max 5v oneis so small that can be put inside cover with ease.

Of course doing everything like this is little hassle, but after that You don't even need manual switch to turn amplifier on/off. Less cutting on Your cover, less elements that can possibly break due to mechanical moving parts
I was thinking about something in the line of this, would not be hard to do at all.

And this could be one more thing that you can say, your phone cannot do this

But the external part works fine, im thinking of making it a little more compact, the biggest part is of course the damm speaker connection, wish i could find smaller..., even looked through most of my boxes of crap and can't find anything yet...
And i want that clamp things because it is easier to manage, else i could place a stereo+ jack (4 PIN) and then have adaptors, like the clamps and banana plugs etc.....

Oh year i also have this Bluetooth speaker, it has the same AMP and a BT A2DP from DX (LINK) and also here the audio quality is just amazing.

The casing is from a old B&O LX2802 TV, the speakers are from a surround stereo i can't remember the name of.
The Volume control was necessary in the beginning because the BT A2DP was sending noise in the power and the BT and AMP was on the same battery, now the single battery is going to the BT, and the dual battery is going to the AMP.
Name:  BT AMP SPEKER 001.jpg
Views: 5582
Size:  20.2 KB
Name:  BT AMP SPEKER 002.jpg
Views: 7310
Size:  23.0 KB

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Cool, I love he bluetooth speaker. I've just finished converting an old pair of bluetooth headphones into a unit to stream music from my N900 to my car's stereo. So much better than paying $400+ for a kit to do the same thing from Pioneer! (sorry for the sort of shoddy photos, just finished it a few hours ago)

Back on topic, what have you done with the amplifier in the first post? Does it allow you to connect two speakers directly to your headphone jack and amplify the sound, instead it being fairly quiet?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to 5spdvl For This Useful Post:
Yes the AMP takes power from my dual Scud and audio input from the jack and then directly to speakers, and i just did a test on my home speakers (which are VERY HIFI ) and you will be amazed of how high it can play and the audio quality, my speakers have a good sensitivity and it helps, i will say that they can play with no distortion from this amp at around 95DB+.

Here's a picture of the the amp.
Name:  N900 AMP 003.jpg
Views: 5943
Size:  21.4 KB
As you can see the amp is attached directly to the Jack, and then there are speakers out and power that goes to the Micro DC plug that nokia phones use.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
As for amp outside cover usage, I would get rid of speaker clap thing, and use stereo+ jack, then add attachment to home speakers, allowing them to get sound from said jack+. That would help in terms of portability.Still, i think inside cover is best, as You've said its another amazing unusual capability, no noe other phone/mobile computer have.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
you should start selling them !!

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
you should start selling them !!
Your not the first one to say that, well in the forum you are...
Man the times a day i hear that sentence "you can sell that"...

Anyway, i think that when i get a some time i would complete this by putting it in the cover

And a note on the "play time" at low volume (normal room music volume) with the screen of and dual battery this can play most of the day, that's how little power this amp uses.

Just made a mock-up of a small audio dock using this amp.

Name:  03072011302.jpg
Views: 3460
Size:  37.9 KB
Name:  03072011303.jpg
Views: 3477
Size:  38.2 KB
Name:  03072011306.jpg
Views: 3441
Size:  37.5 KB
Name:  03072011305.jpg
Views: 3367
Size:  34.2 KB

This plays more then 2x as load as the N900 itself and it actually plays pretty good for it's size, the speakers are from an acer laptop.

This dock is a good thing for viewing video, it has a good angle and the louder volume is really nice.

Next will be to integrate the amp on the "dock", this will be no problem, still have some amps laying around

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Now the Final version, decided to go with the circuit board because it really reaks of DIY
Also the total weight comes in at 42grams, yes only 42grams!!!!

Not pretty but gets the job done
Only addon/edit there is missing is a retractable stand, right now it is pretty firm.

Name:  03072011309.jpg
Views: 4011
Size:  46.9 KB
Name:  03072011312.jpg
Views: 3960
Size:  62.6 KB
Name:  03072011317.jpg
Views: 4069
Size:  66.6 KB
Name:  03072011319.jpg
Views: 4086
Size:  53.2 KB