Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
Now the Final version, decided to go with the circuit board because it really reaks of DIY
Also the total weight comes in at 42grams, yes only 42grams!!!!

Not pretty but gets the job done
Only addon/edit there is missing is a retractable stand, right now it is pretty firm.

Attachment 21191
Attachment 21192
Attachment 21193
Attachment 21194
i want to make one. could you let me know how much its cost you in total and links to the stuff required? i have some old logitech z323 speakers lying around. i was thinking of taking the speakers out of them and making a n900 dock

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
well you basically just need the amp, if you have 12V available then you can go for the bigger 2x10W one.
Then you need a Jack to whatever (since this end will be cut ) e.g. jack to phono.
And since you have some speakers to "donate"/mod then you probably have the jack plug here.

so if you have the jack laying around then here's what you need:
Small AMP
Large AMP

If you want to make it so it takes power from the N900 like mine, well then it gets a little more complicated, look into my battery thread for more info on this.

The amp is very simple to solder, it requires NO external components when running of battery, but if you use an adapter then a small capacitor will be needed, and maybe also some filtering if it is "dirty" power coming of the adapter (noise, low freq switching <20KHz)

----------------------------------------------
EDIT:
If you just want something to put together fast then you can use the "complete" versions:

Comes in 2x3W, 2x10W, 2x15W

Again the 2x3W can be used from 2.5-5.5V (battery/USB)
The 10W & 15W needs 10-22V (e.g 12V)

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-07-03 at 21:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
That is awesome dr_frost_dk. Breadboard FTW!

The Following User Says Thank You to 5spdvl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
That is awesome dr_frost_dk. Breadboard FTW!
Well it is easy to work with, and after the mockup i thought "what the hell" this is alright, and i really like the weight , only thing left to do is to make a stand instead of the 1.5mm solid core wire thats there now.

Just changed the thread tittle, lets get all the DIY audio mods and accessory's in here

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-07-04 at 18:50.

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Rear speakers based on Tangband W4-657SC elements. I haven't used them much, because they sound even cheaper than I thought

Battery powered portable speaker which I did for my Nokia 5510 when I was about ten. It has two self-made amplifiers, two small speakers, one nine-volt battery, 3.5mm input, on-off switch and power LED. Looks ugly, but it was cool back then

Closed subwoofer based on Peerless SLS-10 element and Hypex DS 1.2 Amplifier Module. It sounds great and I have used it tens of thousands of hours. It looks cheap, because I didn't use veeners or planks to make it, because it's next to my chair so it gets hit all the time I'll probably redo it, if I get better place for it

Sorry for bad quality of the pictures. Dark room and not so good camera
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-07-05 at 01:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
dr frost - you are awesomeness personified

this thread is full of win !

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
dr frost - you are awesomeness personified

this thread is full of win !
Well we modders need some threads our selfs

This will be the Audio one, it's DIY Audio for the our phones mostly but don't mind the home stereo ones.

I myself am a modder by heart, i literally don't have anything here at home thats running stock, well my Internet router has not been altered but anything else is.
Also when i buy something it is rarely for the purpose it was intended

And if we can contribute to our maemo devices this way then it's something.

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
I myself am a modder by heart, i literally don't have anything here at home thats running stock, well my Internet router has not been altered but anything else is.
https://openwrt.org/
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
I must say that the dock i made is use full, when doing the dishes (yes i really want space for a dishwasher) i was watching video's and the volume was more then enough to drown out the sound of dishes...

If i ever suffer a massive brain hemorrhage and get another phone im modding it to have an onboard amp and some better speakers, this is one thing i really like about my N900 is the audio quality stock compared to many phones i have tested/handled through many years, only phone i have ever had that had better sound was my Alcatel one touch gum (db), it had a massive speaker, tho only mono, and also it was before any mp3 and even poly tones....

Tags
audio, docking station