I'm not sure, as I usually never close the app and it still crashes.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Yes, me to got random crashes, and when running, a terrible battery drain. It went from 60 to 26% in about two hours.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
Just an intermediate report: I think I found what is causing the crash. That is, something has changed in the way Qt DBus interface works with temporary objects and dbus calls. Will need to implement changes to many many places in the code -> will take some time.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
That sounds bad... Wonder how many more apps might be affected by this change.

I will leave one more feature suggestion here, for the time post fixing this mess

I'd like to see Situations offer me an additional criterium for each condition. Something like has seen specific WLAN for 5 minutes or 30 minutes, so as to avoid frequent switching of situations when you leave a place quickly but will return in time.

I would give my work situation or uni situation a grace period so they do activate immediately but don't switch back.

So the criterium should be selectable to be applied for switching to, and or out of a situation.

I know I ask a lot :P

Cheers!

Well, seems that a simple fix didn't help for one isolated feature. It is somehow dbus related but I don't really know the root cause of the crash yet.

Thanks for the feature suggestion There's still the big refactoring work ongoing - so to the long backlog it goes...

Br,
Heikki

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
DBus has had a big upgrade: 1.6.30 to 1.10.8 as per this bug:

https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1594

Is the problem just an upgrade related change, or could there be a bug in the new DBus?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Yep, can confirm, the /usr/bin/harbour-situations2application server crashed all the time. My situationreboot.service restart it on crash, but it have some limit (I didn't know that) and when limit done, my service show:
Active: failed (Result: start-limit).
For now only Jolla 1 still show me (10hours) that my service is active and /usr/bin/harbour-situations2application server still run in background.
In tablet sometimes it also crashed....

Hep,

There are now potentially fixed packages available here:
http://www.pastillilabs.com/situations/sailfish

Could someone please try them? I didn't go through all features yet, so not sure if everything is fixed. But at least the worst crashing should be gone.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Hungary
Hei,

Thank you!

I installed it, will keep you updated.

LVPVS over.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LVPVS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
About page still got old version number (2.6.112). Other than that, it looks fine so far. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, situations