Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
From Nokia Denmark

At this point, we have not heard about any issues of the kind that you are describing.
But since the repair procedures in Denmark are different from UK in that all repair matters are handled by the retailers, I would recommend you to contact your specific retailer, to get more details about whether they have had any complaints about similar issues.

Since the repair procedures are different, it is not possible to directly ship any particular parts from Nokia DK to Nokia UK.
If you plan to return to Denmark at any point, you will have the opportunity to get your device sent in for repair through your retailer. Otherwise, I would recommend that you contact a UK Nokia service point so they can tell you whether they are able to repair it themselves or if there are any other service points in the UK that have the option to do that type of repair.

I would greatly appreciate if you could participate in a short survey about our service. The survey will greatly help me improve my services going forward.

You are always welcome to contact me again if you have any further questions, or if there is anything else I can assist you in.

Best regards

Amalie Andersen
Nokia Care

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Noticed several scratches on my N9 yesterday after 2 weeks of very careful use. Its been in my pocket but I've always been careful of it...

Still waiting on the screen protectors i ordered from ebay which are now too late to have kept it in pristine condition - very disappointed with the scratches...

Nokia were great to include the rubber skin case, why did they not include a screen protector pre-installed too? Would have cost pennies and would have fully protected the device, if it was factory installed then there would have been no effect on the overall device appearance...

Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
Noticed several scratches on my N9 yesterday after 2 weeks of very careful use. Its been in my pocket but I've always been careful of it...

Still waiting on the screen protectors i ordered from ebay which are now too late to have kept it in pristine condition - very disappointed with the scratches...

Nokia were great to include the rubber skin case, why did they not include a screen protector pre-installed too? Would have cost pennies and would have fully protected the device, if it was factory installed then there would have been no effect on the overall device appearance...
wow, are they very noticeable? I know gorilla glass is not scratch proof, but I though it was scratch resistant? I'm hesitant on getting one now if you say you were very careful with the phone.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2011 @ Germany
I have my N9 for about 3 weeks now. After some days I recognized some scratches. Don't know where they came from. I didn't use a knife ore something. Maybe some kind of sand in a pocket but the scratch is little too deep I think :-(

Do you think you can fix them somehow? Some guys around here fix carwindows, would that be an idea?

Hello friends,

I bought my n9 last Saturday.Today I've a few scratches on screen :-(
I'm very dissapointed.. All scratches are in the left-top corner..
When the screen is clean, almost I can't see any scratches.

Any ideas?

I have a small scratch near the center, I had it in a pocket with my ipod and guessing it scrapped up against the screen. However it is really hard to notice so I guess it is really no big deal.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Montreal
Hey guy, i may have found something to fix your Gorilla Glass screen. While being paranoid about my own from reading all your misfortunes and looking for potential fixes, i found this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/moto-droid...ow-repair.html

Can someone try this and tell me if this is in fact a valid fix?

Anyone dare to use Rain-X on their N9 screen? I use it on my car windshield and it makes it real smooth This not to make fun on this issue as I've discovered a swirly scratch at the top left hand corner (I think it came like that and I only noticed it 2 weeks after I had it) and a small vertical one more toward the centre.

This guy used it on his Samsung and says it works ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq_VTnUWbnU

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Originally Posted by sting.kl View Post
Anyone dare to use Rain-X on their N9 screen? I use it on my car windshield and it makes it real smooth This not to make fun on this issue as I've discovered a swirly scratch at the top left hand corner (I think it came like that and I only noticed it 2 weeks after I had it) and a small vertical one more toward the centre.

This guy used it on his Samsung and says it works ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq_VTnUWbnU
is there not a polarised layer on top of the glass? wouldnt want to remove that!

I'll throw in a good comment for the screen. Had mine for over a month and no scratches yet. The metal strip on the back is scratched up though. I don't baby my phones in any way, no screen protector and ending up in my pocket with coins or keys is uncommon, but not unheard of.

There are some good batches out there.

The Following User Says Thank You to coomac For This Useful Post: