Notices

In Jacob's Matrix you explore a maze of twisty, turning passages, all different. Your goal is straightforward - get from the blue coloured room to the gold coloured room - but unfortunately the orientation of the passages can prove confusing.

Upstream: http://www.zincland.com/7drl/jacob/

1) enable extras-devel
2) install jacob

Game is Turn based, but with a real-world timer to complete each level
which mens it is turn-based roguelike, but when music stops, you die. But because sdl-mixer is not working on N900, this feature is now disabled (i.e. cheat mode is always on). I hope some day someone focus how to fix that.

Game uses old version of libtcod (1.4.0), which is compiled during packaging and bundled with the game.

It didn't compile for ARM with gcc-4.2, so I made some modifications, hope they will not break game. Check modifications from: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...82#post1083782
(I think flame effects are little bit broken).
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Nice. Sadly getting:
Failed to open audio!
and the game closes immediately after start. Editing jacob.cfg to music=false doesn't change anything. Am I using incompatible library/mixer. Same problems with kobold

After changing flame width to 20 in cfg music suddenly started playing (wav).
EDIT:
Some width to height combinations allow the game to play wavs. Need to try with bigger file (tested on 100kb wav), also some of these give very cool effects (lower resolutions make the flames move quite fluidly, though the game then lags more)

Last edited by szopin; 2011-09-08 at 22:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Hmm, are we running out of CPU? Or is it only weirdness?

Ok, managed to get it running with sound no matter what ratio of flame width/height one chooses. I now get ~6MB wav to play, not at 100% speed though (might be Hz issue, had only 1 big wav on my phone, needs more testing). The problem seems to be in TCOD_NOISE generation. Changing all 'Wavelet' to 'Simplex' in fire.cpp is enough to get music running. In Kobold/orcs this will require changing TCOD_noise_type_t TCOD_NOISE_WAVELET to TCOD_NOISE.
EDIT: no luck with kobold/orcs. Maybe reverting to libtcod 1.4.x will work for those.

Last edited by szopin; 2011-09-09 at 08:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: