Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Sooo... Anyone been able to watch the presentation? Findings? O_o
Also, any ideas/thoughts relating specifically to the content/formatting of the two Google docs?
In the Jolla UI video, I think the eyes at the start and end is the motion sensor (I've said a couple of times).

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Riiiight... the silence lately has been rather perplexing, not sure what to make of it.

Lot of chatter on Twitter that I'm only just catching up on now.
(side-note: I hate browsing Twitter, so damn tedious)
The presentation's here, go right back to the beginning, don't watch what's on now:
http://slush.fi/stream/?view=event-stage#a
I'm not sure it that's all of it though, seems there was another bit before it.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Personally seeing the amount of threads on TMO for the same thing have made me want to stay away from it all...I reported every thread to the mods to merge with the large jolla thread but no action from them hence you see a jolla/sailfish thread in applications, general, nokia n9/50 section...

The noise is too much; the same thing is usually amplified many times and idiots galore...Basically Jolla showed they will be using swipe, showed their phone app, people app, gallery app, music app, lockscreen and today the SDK yet for so little the hysteria is on another planet...[Edit]They also in the beginning linked their wiki which more than sufficiently answers I think all the questions those spin-off threads have yet the lack of level-headedness is amazing[/Edit]

I mean how many different ways can you dissect what they showed? Oh and they demoed it on a n950 and explicitly said that a competent hacker would be able to port their OS to the n9; how many times do people need to ask the same thing with such an obvious statement...Honestly, the hysteria is something like of a iDon't product and that's disappointing...

I had some questions to post into the doc but then with the commotion around here just lost the will to compose them down...

Will give it another go later and add them to the google doc if successful in composing them...

I wouldn't be surprised others finding themselves in the same situation maybe that's why the silence...

Edit: I'm sorry if I've let out some steam; I just find a growing number of people being post first think later kind of variety these days...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-11-22 at 11:26.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Can totally relate/understand, was just hoping this would be the thread for less crap & more substance.
I guess folks need more time to digest things though, maybe I'm being way too impatient...
There's been lots of new stuff added to the docs in the past 48hr, & a fair bit of reorganizing, so maybe folks just dont feel the need to discus further here.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-22 at 14:58. Reason: typo

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Wtf: Bug! two posts above!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Dave999

EDIT: thedead1440 thank himself for real this time

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-22 at 12:41.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Oh goodness me; I'm classified as "self-thanker" just like you Dave

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Bergie has now published his article from the Slush event:
http://bergie.iki.fi/blog/jolla-sailfish/

There is also a (short) interview with a couple of Jolla guys in the midle of the article.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
I'm still watching the SDK presentation. After that I'll mark the answered questions again (if there are any).

However I thought a bit more about the list. Looks like Jolla aren't ready to answer detailed questions about hardware. I suspect if we send the list as is - all questions about SoC, GPU and keyboard and etc. will be just dismissed. Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-11-22 at 19:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
I just had the craziest though. The UI at it's state doesn't have landscape, so we won't have landscape keyboard! Horizontal.... Erghhh.

Not much from the list was really answered in the SDK presentation. Let's decide what to do with it now.

Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open