Notices

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
I recently f'kd my ubuntu and not knowing what to do I installed lubuntu. Afterwards I found out I didn't have to wipe my drive, another story. Anyway me and my son have been playing this game all night. He has an n900 but doesn't know it yet. I've been trying to explain how people modify programs to work on different os's. Help or just a nod in the right direction would be great.
Thanks Jo

Last edited by king Ralphred; 2014-03-15 at 01:04.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
I recently f'kd my ubuntu and not knowing what to do I installed lubuntu. Afterwards I found out I didn't have to wipe my drive, another story. Anyway me and my son have been playing this game all night. He has an n900 but doesn't know it yet. I've been trying to explain how people modify programs to work on different os's. Help or just a nod in the right direction would be great.
Thanks Jo
I'm afraid I don't understand what you are requesting. Are you asking for help in getting a specific program to run on the N900? If so, can you specify where the source code can be found? Or are you asking for general information about how software is ported from one operating system to another?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
It's confusing what you're asking. I think you might be trying to port Linux Lunar Lander to the N900. I tried this - you need to install libsdl1.2-dev and libsdl-image1.2-dev, then run make - but it segfaults after the opening screen, and I'm not invested enough to figure out why. If you just want a lunar lander game on the N900, try this flash one; I tested and it runs fine in the N900's browser, although the top gets cut off because it's more than 480 pixels tall.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Apologies for being vague. The game is Moonlander (one word) in the Lubuntu sofware centre and I want to know how to port it to n900. Judgeing by taixzo's post it isn't possible.
Thanks anyway.