would like to use this on my second N9 but having issues adding the MFE account. particularly hotmail. Then i can fore it to the 2.5 protocol.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
what issues are you having adding the hotmail account? it works flawlessly with EAS protocol 2.5...

When I go to accounts and try to add a MFE account particularly hotmail. I cant create it due to: no settings received from server. I presume that in order for you to force hotmail to use the 2.5 EAS protocol the account has to be added first. I cant even manage to that.

ok if no settings received from server just enter the following settings manually, no big:

Server address: m.hotmail.com
Secure Connection: Yes
Port: 443
Non-provisonable device: Yes

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
ok if no settings received from server just enter the following settings manually, no big:

Secure Connection: Yes
Port: 443
Non-provisonable device: Yes
tried that but afterwards it goes back to requesting for username password and domain. I enter my login details correctly and put m.hotmail.com in the domain. However, it still doesnt let me add the account. keeps asking to sign in

no no you must leave domain blank...
m.hotmail.com is server address not domain...

still no luck.

Username:xxx@hotmail.com
password: xxx
Domain: blank.
Secure connection: yes
port: 443
Non provisional device: yes

Notice one thing. is there suppose be a certificate? I dont have 'None' selected. Are there different ones to select.

no for certificates it should be none...

the settings you entered are correct...i just added another hotmail account and no issues maybe your internet connection is not right?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
hmm I've tried my wifi and my 3g connection, and this is coming off a clean flash too.

Problem solved. I was being a noob. Apparently when it asks for email address. Of i type xxx@hotmail.com and when it ask for user name: you also have to type xxx@hotmail.com. Basically i forgot to append the domain to my username. If i remember correctly if add gmail as a mfe it doesnt require that i do so. thanks again the awesome support!

The Following User Says Thank You to solstice88 For This Useful Post: