i can't update my version is P.R 1.1.1 help

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Pittsburgh, PA USA
The pr1.2 system update downloads but fails to install. I've clicked re-try and it downloads another 1mb and then fails to install. I've tried this several times - always with the same results. The wlan connect keeps dropping (even though it was fine and I was able to download the 283mb update). There are 14 other application updates available. I've been able to instal several ofl them. Maps update won't install - says it needs system update. Does anyone know what is going on or how to fix it?

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Well my story is a little bit more frustrating. I saw the update in the afteroon and I started it. after being stucked for a while at 0 percent it gave me an update interupted error. I said fine I'lly try rebooting, no luck I said ok maybe dev mode is at fault so I turned it off, nada, I said well lets start fresh so I Cleared data and restored settings but nothing changed and as a gift I can't use devel-su any more after enabling dev mode for no apparent reason and the only solution was to reflash. So I was pretty angry at the time but I said f it I'm flashing it for the first time. But that was not the end apparantly Nokia does not offer the source for their fffffing flasher they only offer .deb packages and I use Arch Linux on both my desktop and my laptop so I will have to log in my dads pc and use windows instead tomorrow. So yeah FAK YOU Nokia FAK YOU

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by rabilon View Post
The pr1.2 system update downloads but fails to install. I've clicked re-try and it downloads another 1mb and then fails to install. I've tried this several times - always with the same results. The wlan connect keeps dropping (even though it was fine and I was able to download the 283mb update). There are 14 other application updates available. I've been able to instal several ofl them. Maps update won't install - says it needs system update. Does anyone know what is going on or how to fix it?
I encountered the same problem.

My way to fix it is removing all the list file except aeige one under folder /etc/apt/sources.list.d/. Then refresh your updates again in "setting-application-manage application". Afterwards, it should work.

BTW, you can use # to comment all the sources in the list files instead of removing the file.

The Following User Says Thank You to birdmanyan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Pittsburgh, PA USA
Originally Posted by birdmanyan View Post
I encountered the same problem.

My way to fix it is removing all the list file except aeige one under folder /etc/apt/sources.list.d/. Then refresh your updates again in "setting-application-manage application". Afterwards, it should work.

BTW, you can use # to comment all the sources in the list files instead of removing the file.
I greatly appreciate your brilliance! Although you will have to forgive me for doubting even for a second that this would work. I commented out the entries in the .list files as you suggested (there were only two). I refreshed. The familiar "updating" with 0% appearred ... and didn't change for a bit. But after a few minutes it was at 5%. It's now at 51% and I'm confident it will complete.

Again, thanks! I hope I can help someone one-tenth as much.

- rabilon

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pysico View Post
i can't update my version is P.R 1.1.1 help
All PR 1.1.1 devices have yet to get the PR 1.2 update. I'm waiting alongside you as well.

Originally Posted by rabilon View Post
I greatly appreciate your brilliance! Although you will have to forgive me for doubting even for a second that this would work. I commented out the entries in the .list files as you suggested (there were only two). I refreshed. The familiar "updating" with 0% appearred ... and didn't change for a bit. But after a few minutes it was at 5%. It's now at 51% and I'm confident it will complete.

Again, thanks! I hope I can help someone one-tenth as much.

- rabilon
Agreed, it's AWESOME!

I renamed those apt files to [name].list-off, and that worked as well. No need to delete them. I'm at 40% now, and I hope that the update will work just fine.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland

No upgrade for me in the US either ..... I think I have an asian version of the N9 .. too lazy to take out the sim and find out

Update for MEA PR1.1.1 is on navifirm, but still there's nothing for UAE.