Notices

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hamburg, Germany
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
hmmm cant get it installed - still got problems with dependencies.... won't let me install that either - http://maemo.org/packages/view/libsdl-ttf2.0-0/
What does it say when you do:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install libsdl-ttf2.0-0

The Following User Says Thank You to jfk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
yay think it worked!!! - will try burger face again
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, US
Nice to see that there is use for the front camera ;-). I'm curious, what face detection method are you using, Viola-Jones?

The Following User Says Thank You to pinsh For This Useful Post:
really impressed with it. a great well done to you!
it does open the way to other tools that can use face detection

would also to know how you detect things (would be useful for the back camera too

But, superb little game and very innovative.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pinsh View Post
Nice to see that there is use for the front camera ;-). I'm curious, what face detection method are you using, Viola-Jones?
Yes, that's the one. It's a pretty nice algorithm, though it has its limitations. I also threw some optimizations into the mix.

really impressed with it. a great well done to you!
it does open the way to other tools that can use face detection

would also to know how you detect things (would be useful for the back camera too

But, superb little game and very innovative.
Thanks!

Using the front or back camera is not a big difference. That's just a matter of changing the device name. Theoretically, you could turn BurgerFace into a two-player game by having one player hold the N900 and the other move his head.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jfk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jfk View Post
Thanks!

Using the front or back camera is not a big difference. That's just a matter of changing the device name. Theoretically, you could turn BurgerFace into a two-player game by having one player hold the N900 and the other move his head.
haha good idea - Yeah i figured out the gstreamer front v back early today in my healthcheck app... - i'm only capturing stills though, not sure how to send the video to a qlabel though (using python and QT).

haha good idea - Yeah i figured out the gstreamer front v back early today in my healthcheck app... - i'm only capturing stills though, not sure how to send the video to a qlabel though (using python and QT).
I wouldn't know anything about that. I'm working on a lower level using V4L2 and SDL.

Originally Posted by jfk View Post
If you couldn't open the .deb file directly after downloading you probably don't have the latest firmware.

To install the package manually, you need to have rootsh installed which is in extras. Open X Term and type:
Code:
sudo gainroot
dpkg -i MyDocs/.documents/burgerface_0.1-1_armel.deb
Or maybe (I'm not sure of the path right now):
Code:
sudo gainroot
dpkg -i MyDocs/burgerface_0.1-1_armel.deb

Also see this thread.
ey!

Not for now. I think that I'll prepare a proper version with highscore stuff after completing my thesis.

Sorted thanks yes not got the lastest firmware but this worked. Great use of the front camera off to do the survey

The Following User Says Thank You to radiosw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Connecticut
Great stuff! At least now I could put good use of my head. Just had a couple of issues where my head seems to get lost easily or unable to track. I'm in a pretty well lit room with sunshine though.

But thanks for this demo!

The Following User Says Thank You to syncdot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by syncdot View Post
Great stuff! At least now I could put good use of my head. Just had a couple of issues where my head seems to get lost easily or unable to track. I'm in a pretty well lit room with sunshine though.

But thanks for this demo!
Yeah, my experiments have also shown that the lighting can be "too" good. The detection doesn't work that well when the light comes from behind you or from the side so that your face is not evenly illuminated.

The Following User Says Thank You to jfk For This Useful Post: