Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by texaslabrat View Post
That's not how it's done in maemo as far as I can tell. Take a look at /etc/sudoers.d. But you have the right idea, though for the OP's issue I still think just setuid'ing the file is the cleanest/most straightforward way to do it, but that's just my opinion.
Perhaps.
I saw the sudoers.d dir but didn't get back to looking in there. I'll give it a peek.
Thanks.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by texaslabrat View Post
I still think just setuid'ing the file is the cleanest/most straightforward way to do it, but that's just my opinion.
Linux, as with most modern unixes, doesn't support suid shell scripts, only binaries.

The Following User Says Thank You to ewan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
On top, to make life more easier and thats what I did in my n810 but haven't tried it in n900 as I don't own it yet (but for different purpose), you can, according to this, create a .desktop file in /usr/share/applications/hildon and this will create an icon in the main menu which you can just click and get the job done. Easy

Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
On top, to make life more easier and thats what I did in my n810 but haven't tried it in n900 as I don't own it yet (but for different purpose), you can, according to this, create a .desktop file in /usr/share/applications/hildon and this will create an icon in the main menu which you can just click and get the job done. Easy
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...2&goto=newpost

Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Sorry, here's what you do:

1. Open up xterm.
2. In xterm type: vi powerlevel.sh
3. Press "i" key it will activate "Insert" mode.
4. Type as it is there (every line is a new line so there is enter after every line however, you don't press space in the front).
5. After you have finished typing everything, press the esc key and then ":" followed by "wq" (without double quotes) and hit enter.
6. It will save your file as powerlevel.sh in the same directory you are currently working.
7. Again in the xterm type: chmod +x powerlevel.sh
8. To execute: ./powerlevel.sh

That's it.
thank you for typing the out for me!

I've done this and the file saved fine, i checked the contents with cat powerlevel.sh and it was correct, however when running it it doesn't change the powerlevel, any idea why? it looks fine to me and i did the chmod to, a message saying root enabled comes up when i run the file as user so it looks like its calling the correct file.

On a side note when following your instructions i had to type sudo gainroot to run the commands, would this have caused a problem?

Originally Posted by ewan View Post
Linux, as with most modern unixes, doesn't support suid shell scripts, only binaries.
ah, well been a while since I've gone that route so I didn't notice the change. Good to know

Originally Posted by LozBlake View Post
thank you for typing the out for me!

I've done this and the file saved fine, i checked the contents with cat powerlevel.sh and it was correct, however when running it it doesn't change the powerlevel, any idea why? it looks fine to me and i did the chmod to, a message saying root enabled comes up when i run the file as user so it looks like its calling the correct file.

On a side note when following your instructions i had to type sudo gainroot to run the commands, would this have caused a problem?
This might help you:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=91

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by LozBlake View Post
which command required you to hit "sudo gainroot". You should be able to create, chmod & execute (everything) as normal user. Try other commands that requires being root and see if they work coz I've no idea why it's not working for you.(in my n810 i'm restarting my device, change host/otg mode(not yet supported in n900 as far as I know) with similar scripts but not this one). Hope you are pointing to the right place.

i did the following thing in xterminal without going in to sudo gainroot

echo "#!/bin/sh" > oc.sh

echo "sudo gainroot; echo 124999 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq; echo 899999 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq; cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq; cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq;" >> oc.sh

chmod +x oc.sh

is it going to work when i write this command in xterm

./oc.sh

EDIT: i tried this with the ./oc.sh command with and without sudo gainroot but an error is shown with " permission denied"

can some body point oit my mistake, please.

Last edited by mnaveed; 2010-04-15 at 05:02.

Permission denied usually means the executable bit is not set [you seemed to have taken care of that] or the underlying File System has noexec enabled, or it is a FAT or other weird FS.

Try

Code:
sh oc.sh