Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by DaveQB View Post
Yes this is true. Me too

24 hours without being on charge and still at 100% for me

It ended up suddenly running out [after being at 96% last check only an hour before] at about the 36hour mark.

I did use it in a med-heavy way.
ie videos, browsing, Bluetooth, 3G.

Last edited by DaveQB; 2010-05-04 at 23:45. Reason: Added quote

I too had issues with the N900 reporting back incorrect time left with the battery.

It either had 96-100% or down to empty and beeping at you it needed charging.

Also, I notice some artifacting, see attached.

Concerns me that this battery might be doing damage to the phone. Albeit minor.

Anyone else experience artifacts like these??
I had some minor graphical glitch but i thought it would be related to something else... seeing as i run mine oc'd as well.

Mine wasn't that much though, just a speckle of artefacts right of the clock.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I got my new battery covers today. It appears that the lens isn't covered, correct? The on-off switch works fine and the memory card is detected now, but what is the best way to protect the lens?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Bump. Can someone else with the Muge high capacity battery confirm that there is no lens protector? I'm just using it without one now, but it feels insecure.

Edit: Nevertheless, I like this battery, even though it's a clunky monster. I haven't decided what to do about the uncovered lens yet. just leave it and hope for the best? That's what I am doing now.

I brought my N900 to the filming of the tv show Mad Men a couple days ago, where I was a driver. The camera was fairly useless for taking long shots of the cast, so I won't be making a living as one of the papparazi.

Last edited by geneven; 2010-05-07 at 11:11.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I don't know if this can reassure you, but I have been using the Mugen battery & cover for a month now, with lens exposed, and without any problem. The lens is recessed so it's not as prone to get dirt and scratches. And I don't have to think of recharging during a full day any more

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I don't know if this can reassure you, but I have been using the Mugen battery & cover for a month now, with lens exposed, and without any problem. The lens is recessed so it's not as prone to get dirt and scratches. And I don't have to think of recharging during a full day any more
Yeah exactly. Alot of phones don't have lens covers; it was quite nice when I got my N95 to see a lens cover on it

It is so recessed I doubt you will get into any issues.

As for the artefacts, I am not getting any this time around. I have refrained from moving to the overclocked kernel so as to not confuse any issues with this new battery [such as this one].

I do hate not knowing if the battery is near full charge or about to die on me

Last edited by DaveQB; 2010-05-10 at 06:21. Reason: I can't spell "N"

Get BatteryGraph. It shows the voltage, which is a pretty reliable state-of-charge indicator for Li-ion. I leave it running all the time, and refresh it whenever I care. (Obviously, someone ought to make a statusbar applet using voltage to replace the standard one.)

Of course, as long as I charge it every night, I know it's not about to die on me...

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Get BatteryGraph. It shows the voltage, which is a pretty reliable state-of-charge indicator for Li-ion. I leave it running all the time, and refresh it whenever I care. (Obviously, someone ought to make a statusbar applet using voltage to replace the standard one.)
I did have that and had some issues around that time, so removed it.
will try again.

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Of course, as long as I charge it every night, I know it's not about to die on me...

That has been my mantra too so far.

That is the only thing I dislike also in this 182% battery.

Mugen should try to fix the issue. I've reported to them, but no comment if they can do anything.
I think the interest would be bigger if the issue would be fixed.

They have dropped the price again. $ 87.95 is rather expensive still though.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
If we could make the battery gauge read voltage insted of (dunno what), from 4200 to 3600 mV, it would be done. Maybe with a wrapper script?