Notices

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney
Thank you for your efforts on this much needed application!

What is the best resolution for the attached? Which package does dropn900 need?
It might break another app but I will see what it is and evaluate.
Attached Images

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney
Ok, I installed it using apt-get and it upgraded those packages and a few other Python2.5 QT packages.

I hope it doesn't break any other programs.

Thanks again for your work on this.

The Following User Says Thank You to DaveQB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by minty95 View Post
Dropbox now installed and working fine, the Icon is just a stand mameo blue box, Is there a icon that mine is not showing ?
You are seeing it right, pulled that out from some site. Due to legal stuff as I am not working for dropbox I cannot really use their brand name or their logo directly. I can use it when I am referring to their service like in the login screen, that UI may change in the future though.

Originally Posted by eothred View Post
... I tried your app now, extremely responsive and fast, wonderful work! If I should point out some UI improvements, I think the folder list was slightly small. Nitpick though, just see a lot of applications do things too small in Maemo.
Yes this was a constant battle on how much stuff I can show at once and still keep the items clickable. I can make the single tree entrys a bit higher and increase the font. This will then just make the item text wider and you will start losing text on long file names and start scrolling horizontally. I'd like to get all the buttons away to a context menu at some point so the tree could be almost full screen a bit like the dropbox client for iPhone.

Originally Posted by middleda View Post
... I noticed when I tried to upload that I couldn't access my SD card, or upload multiple files at once. Do you plan to add these functions in future versions? ...
I don't have a SD card on mine so I would not know Will have to get one if this becomes important to people. The multiple files upload/download I think I can cook up easily, I will but it to upcoming features list. Thanks for the suggestion.

Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
The /home/user/DropN900 folder isn't available to the user from the file manager, why default to that spot?
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I think /home/user/ is on the 2 GB partition instead of the 27 GB partition. So maybe to preserve file permissions?
There is no particular reason, just a place that came to my mind first. If people want I can change the default to /home/user/MyDocs/DropN900, would this be better?

DaveQB and RogerTHAcctant: I am unsure what conflicts those might be. 4.7.x makes me think its some experimental 4.7 Qt packaging but I think that versioning is just a coincidence. My app needs Qt 4.6.x. Nothing should not break with other apps even if you update PyQt4 along with DropN900 due Qt is backwards compatible. Only when we go to 4.7 later you might get some problems, I don't have the 4.7 experimental snapshot on my device. I will wait for the real Qt 4.7 release and PyQt4 (or might change to PySide) to follow.

For roger it seems some things are broken and/or conflicting packages. I'm not sure if my install process can do anything to avoid these kind of issues on certain users. DaveQB I don't think it can break anything, it may be that you had full pyqt4 installed with a old version and now my app wanted to update just gui/core/network/webkit with the latest ones? Maybe the solution for both of you is to get the latest Full PyQt4 package from the app manager and then do a full update for your N900.

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-07-22 at 02:32.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted by jonnenau View Post
For roger it seems some things are broken and/or conflicting packages. I'm not sure if my install process can do anything to avoid these kind of issues on certain users.
Thanks allot jonnenau, as I already edited in a previous post, i fixed the issues. I think it's my on fault on my part of being clueless (maemo is my first linux os). All i had to do was enable the extra-devel repository, close the app manager, and run the commands that i said previously and i got the updated qt-network and webkit installed. then i went back into the app manager to install dropN900 and it installed perfectly. Thanks for your hard work.

I didn't even use dropbox previously, but i think i might start now (I use gladinet on my desktop pc).

The actually looks pretty good, i was wondering if you could implement a feature where instead of downloading files individually if we could check the ones we want, or download an entire directory as a folder or in a zip file.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Noticed a minor issue. If you don't have an active network connection ( e.g. using AutoDisconnect), application doesn't make the phone to connect to network.

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bellshill, UK
gerrymoth: Are you having rename trouble inside the DropN900 sandbox folder. I just noticed that there is some path bug there when renaming, happens to me especially in the DropN900 app folder when renaming.

About uploading/downloading in general. I have not tested very big uploads or downloads im afraid. Biggest might be few megs. The uploading is done via the python-poster lib that should handle big and long streaming uploads well, I suppose the lib was made for this kind of thing. I am still unsure if my threaded networking will give this a performance downgrade tough, I would hope not. I will have to start testing with bigger files on both upload and download. I read at some point from dropbox forums that uploading via the dropbox api would have had a 300mb size limit, I am not sure if this is correct though.

You should also understand that the dropbox servers replying to these requests might be jammed at some points in time. The api is just beginning to shape up and they are developing it all the time. Sometimes you might not get any responses from the servers in minutes. Be patient 0.1 software under construction

I'll update the first posts goals a bit.
Thanks for the reply, it was any file sized file that wasn't being uploaded, was trying small files less than 1MB only.

I look forward to your new update(s), just having download capability is great at the moment.

Keep up the great work!

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Bravo! This thing looks great!

+++

-b-b-b

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
There is no particular reason, just a place that came to my mind first. If people want I can change the default to /home/user/MyDocs/DropN900, would this be better?
I definitely think so. My 2GB partition is almost full, so I would much approve of this.

Btw: does the app also create a /home/user/Download (can't remember if I already had it on my system)? If it does, it should probably also be moved (or just use the default download folder).

Thanks again for your great work!

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ukraine
If the password contains not ascii characters, we get an UnicodeEncodeError.

The Following User Says Thank You to aeo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton Keynes, UK
awesome work!!! any chance you could add amazon S3 support? =)