Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by fazeman View Post
could not open directory : '/home/user/.pcsx/plugins/'

could not open directory : '/home/user/.pcsx/plugins/cfg/'

could not open directory : '/home/user/.pcsx/bios/'

memory card /home/user/.pcsx/memcards/card1.mcd failed to load!

memory card /home/user/.pcsx/memcards/card2.mcd failed to load!
This happens the first time you run the emulator and have not created ~/.pcsx configs yet. These directories gets created during setup of the emulator.

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
my tekken 2 very slow . why ?

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by hadinin View Post
my tekken 2 very slow . why ?
Because PCSX-m is under development and it's not even supposed to work very well yet.

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Hi I have been testing this app. It is making progress. However I was just thinking can't you enable frameskipping or something? I tried that in the options and I saw no difference. Are there any settings that will help to gain 1 or two more fps?

** EDIT ** Frameskipping (in graphics setting under show fps) helps a little. However when a scene changes you would have to go to the task manager/preview, since the frames sometimes get stuck.

Can't you try to remove sound altogether? Disable the cpu from emulating it? That might provide a better framerate and is a good temporary solution until the software is improved.

Last edited by pantera1989; 2010-03-16 at 11:37.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I wonder if these are of any help? Found them while checking out that OpenGL 2 link provided in first post.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/peops/files/

hey dunno if you remember but i e--mailed you a few times back when you where gonna use psx4all. i was woundering if you had any luck with psx4all? ive emailed zod to see if he can send me the gpu plugin info (psx4all is justpcsx compacted into one program.. i think) but no reply

I shared my thoughts of psx4all here: http://tomasz.sterna.tv/2010/03/pcsx-for-maemo/

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
thank you I managed to run and play a GTA with a Sixaxis
good is still slow but a very big thank you for the work

I just pushed the MIPS/ARM disassembler for the ARM recompiler (ported from psx4all). You may now see exactly how the MIPS code is being translated to ARM code.
Unfortunately the recompiling processor still crashes, but that got me closer to pointing where. Now I know that the recompiler is working fine, but there is something wrong on the stitches to C code.

If you do not know what the hell is recompiler, M.I.K.e7 had written excellent article on dynarecs here: http://forums.ngemu.com/web-developm...roduction.html

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
games seem to only open if Interpreter CPU is checked maybe in return to why its running slow using the software cpu instead of the hardware one?

The Following User Says Thank You to popwar For This Useful Post: