Active Topics

Notices

Is there a theme testing tool?
A program, or set of programs that will display all the standard GTK and Hildon widgets. That way I can verify a theme works in all expected situations.

This might be a RTFM question.. I'm a totally theme newb. ;-)

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
A few of us have theme testing tools we call a N900. Its not good for much of anything but theme testing and costs $600 but its well worth it.

Ok I'm done joking there isn't any way to test a theme besides installing it on a production device and see if it works. Unlike some platforms theming on Maemo isn't for the undedicated since there are not many tools to use and the tools that we have don't work right. Right now the few of us that doing themes have to go back and fix all the problems that Theme Maker creates then repackage it up.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Theme's can also be tested using the SDK simulator as well. Right now I just have to restart it and go through a few apps to make sure all looks OK.

I just figured there would be some app that has examples of all the widgets.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
You tend to find problems with your themes on a device you don't find with the SDK.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.