Active Topics

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
In reference to your questions on the expected shipment date of the Nokia N900, let me tell you the latest information from Nokia:

The Nokia N900 is a great example of what we and the open source community have been able to achieve with Maemo software. We are working closely with open source developers and for example, at the Maemo Summit in October, we loaned 300 pre-production units to get more feedback from the community. This feedback is extremely important to us and as such we also want to provide the best user experience with the Nokia N900.

We expect it to start shipping during November 2009.

Peter Schneider
Head of Maemo Marketing
Nokia Corporation
Thanks a lot for posting your comments here ... will use my E90 a bit longer ... not a problem ... keep on working on this great devices

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by eikido View Post
Peter knows more than Nokia Sweden...
Not Sweden, nor UK, nor US, will get devices before we start shipments.

This information is fresh from Nokia and it takes some time for retailers to update their availability times. We haven't been sitting on this information just waiting for October to end. Otherwise we could have just waited until November, the 1st to tell you.

Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
I asked them about it and here's their answer:

"Ja, wir erwarten den Wareneingang in 8Tagen und ja es handelt sich um die englische Variante mit QWERTY Tastatur."

expansys.at will have it in stock within 8 days, with the english QWERTY layout.
Thanks for posting this ... will wait for the QWERTZ version ... always writing an "ae" for an "ä" is a bit frustrating after a while.

This information is fresh from Nokia and it takes some time for retailers to update their availability times. We haven't been sitting on this information just waiting for October to end. Otherwise we could have just waited until November, the 1st to tell you.
ok, for retailers.
i wonder when nokia-shops are updated

it's too bad, hope this is the last delay

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
I think having Peter here is a way that Nokia shows that it respects its customers. For everyone who moaned on this thread - you got your answer. Obviously he can't say the exact date, because nobody knows that, yet. I think it's very nice that someone official has spoken to us.
Thank you Peter for coming here and please don't bother about some things you read, the majority here respects you because we are not being childish.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND

Thanks peter .

Bug squashing is not an exact science. It is a black art. I would not like to be in the socks of those developers these days...

Fully agree.

Thanks Peter and Nokia.

Keep it going

Eikido

Originally Posted by kopte3 View Post
I think having Peter here is a way that Nokia shows that it respects its customers. For everyone who moaned on this thread - you got your answer. Obviously he can't say the exact date, because nobody knows that, yet. I think it's very nice that someone official has spoken to us.
Thank you Peter for coming here and please don't bother about some things you read, the majority here respects you because we are not being childish.
i'm also thankful he posted. thanks a lot

anyway nokia should work on there marketing and support

Till release I will just play around with the final SDK and have some fun that way ... ;-)

Tags
black hole, choc santa is a priority, delete this thread, egg on toast, fokia n900000000000000 :d, i love peter, mental instatution, n900 is a hoax :p, n900 is soylent green, not-garbage thread!, november release, peter is hot, peter was here, serenity now, spam, this is daycare, this thread is dead, urge to kill rising, when will it arrive!, whiners unite, your face is a daycare, zamunda