Active Topics

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
yees ! now i can test this .... testing.... OOO my ****ing god it's smooth! keep up the good work! Hope this will be the n900 navi.

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
theres a j2me app named mgmaps aka mobile gmaps which used to have google map, yahoo map, msn map and few others. later he recieved letter from google to remove google map service. after that he removed google map option but provided custom map url, now users can add google map url and then use google map now. now the author of the app donot violate any google rule but the user.

now the question is is api for those maping sites similar? i mean if user replaces url of osm with url of google map will it work without changing any other settings/codes? if yes then I don' see any point not to allow users to add custom url in your app. i hope this is the case.
Right now CloudGPS would not violate terms of service of Google and others. The problem is that planned features will eventually come in conflict with with them. CloudGPS already supports OpenStreetMap compatible tile providers, and Google should be working quite well. Try adding something like this to /opt/cloudgps/providers.ini in order to test it out:
Code:
[Google Maps]
fileFormat=/home/user/MyDocs/.maps/Google Maps/%d/%d/%d.png
urlFormat=http://mt.google.com/vt?z=%d&x=%d&y=%0d
minZoom=0
maxZoom=20

[Google Satellite]
fileFormat=/home/user/MyDocs/.maps/Google Satellite/%d/%d/%d.png
urlFormat=http://mt.google.com/vt?lyrs=s&z=%d&x=%d&y=%0d
minZoom=0
maxZoom=20
You propably should clear the Google tile cache frequently on your N900 to stay clean with its license. I'm afraid that other feautres (search and route) will be implemented in a way more tightly coupled with OSM and CloudMade. I will not be possible to add Google search to CloudGPS without heavy source code modification. Use at your own risk.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
Right now CloudGPS would not violate terms of service of Google and others. The problem is that planned features will eventually come in conflict with with them. CloudGPS already supports OpenStreetMap compatible tile providers, and Google should be working quite well. Try adding something like this to /opt/cloudgps/providers.ini in order to test it out:
Code:
[Google Maps]
fileFormat=/home/user/MyDocs/.maps/Google Maps/%d/%d/%d.png
urlFormat=http://mt.google.com/vt?z=%d&x=%d&y=%0d
minZoom=0
maxZoom=20

[Google Satellite]
fileFormat=/home/user/MyDocs/.maps/Google Satellite/%d/%d/%d.png
urlFormat=http://mt.google.com/vt?lyrs=s&z=%d&x=%d&y=%0d
minZoom=0
maxZoom=20
You propably should clear the Google tile cache frequently on your N900 to stay clean with its license. I'm afraid that other feautres (search and route) will be implemented in a way more tightly coupled with OSM and CloudMade. I will not be possible to add Google search to CloudGPS without heavy source code modification. Use at your own risk.
How do you toggle the Maps view and the Satellite View?

This seems to crash very quick with 1.3.

It is a VERY SMOOTH Crash though!

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
How do you toggle the Maps view and the Satellite View?

This seems to crash very quick with 1.3.

It is a VERY SMOOTH Crash though!
Press N on hw keypad to change to next provider. The crashing thing will be fixed in next release (about 10th November).

Last edited by dwaradzyn; 2010-10-27 at 07:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Mondo Kewl by the way with the Google entries!

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ California, United States
Very smooth UI, but also kind of confusing also. I have no idea how to use it for directions. Just looks like I'm looking at a giant map of the world. Also are there any pre built maps into this? Don't wanna have to load all the time

Originally Posted by Bondage Monkey View Post
Very smooth UI, but also kind of confusing also. I have no idea how to use it for directions. Just looks like I'm looking at a giant map of the world. Also are there any pre built maps into this? Don't wanna have to load all the time
No routing yet. See the first post for a detailed description what this app can currently do. Also no bulk downloading yet but you can use ModRana for that.

Version 0.3.9 will be uploaded to extras-devel soon. Check out .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Version 0.3.10 has been uploaded (from my N900 on the road to airport) to extras-devel and first post is updated. You are going to love what I have done with zooming

The Following User Says Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
wow! hope you got navigation on this!! so nice!

The Following User Says Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
i am unable to update this? shud i uninstall this and reinstall, or shud it pick the version upgrade automatically? becos i dont get any updates is i do an update!!!

Tags
best gps app