Notices

Originally Posted by Elfforkusu View Post
Still, pretty solid. The one question I have is: how do I get the thing to save? There seems to be nothing to indicate how to progress from the "enter name" screen. Pressing enter just makes the cursor blink faster, while pressing backspace leaves (shift+backspace deletes a letter...) and most other buttons seem to do nothing.
Fn+A worked for me but the next time I opened the game, my save wasn't there.

After quite a lot of tries, I reached the following conclusion:

To save you have to:
1 - Go to Options -> Save and Type a name for your game
2 - Press (and keep pressed) the three keys on the left side of the keyboard (control + function + shift)
3 - With the three keys still pressed, press and hold "S" and press "A" (You'll finally have 5 keys pressed at the same time ).

Worked fine for me

And Anyone has idea if it is possible to play multiplayer (different mobiles) via bluetooth/wi-fi/internet or anything? That would be so great,

Thanks,

I was a little bit mistaken,

The correct keys to be pressed (important to be in this order) are:
1 - Ctrl (press and hold)
2 - Function [The blue arrow] (press and hold)
3 - "A" (press)

And the game should be saved

Thanks, Ctrl+Fn+A it is.

My saved games (as well as my keyboard settings) still disappear every time I close the game...

Originally Posted by PotatoBaron View Post
My saved games (as well as my keyboard settings) still disappear every time I close the game...
That kinda sounds like the save file has bad permissions (e.g. you can't write it for some reason). It should be in the ~/.opentyrian directory, if you want to take a look.

hello, i've been trying to paly this one, but for some reason, it just wont work.

i put the files in the directories that are instructed, even copied the files in the install directory and nothing... when i launch the game the screen goes blank and then closes... nothing happens, not a clue whats wrong... help someone?

nevermind... my phone died yesterday and after a reflash, and getting everything setup again, it worked...

Originally Posted by Elfforkusu View Post
That kinda sounds like the save file has bad permissions (e.g. you can't write it for some reason). It should be in the ~/.opentyrian directory, if you want to take a look.
Yeah, as long as I run the game from the root prompt, I can write to the save and config files but if I try running it from the shortcut in the app menu they won't take.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Yay! Thank you guys for bringing this happy memory from my childhood. I still can remember myself playing this game on my PII@166mhz =)