Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Slovakia, Žilina
yes 2 option

and image background ? my conky version is 1.6.1

undecorated - time, battery .... status bar

Last edited by Pavol; 2010-11-02 at 13:03.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
image won't work yet, there's something called imlib2 that needs enabling but it gives an error and won't compile.

Here is my work

BTW.. Big thanks to GaRy delaMEr for this idea http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=54
Attached Images

Last edited by Vintrc; 2010-11-10 at 19:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vintrc For This Useful Post:
vintc, vintrc... are you different people? anyways, thanks for posting something useful.
almost don't need image support if you can do all that with fonts + background hacks.

i got some help and fixed imlib2 support, so you guys can use the $image variable now. you should be able to use it for both "icons" and background images (somehow, don't ask me). also can probably get the conky weather stuff working now...

i find it depressing i spent hours getting this working and nobody has posted a new script using lua or cairo yet.
are you guys working on anything???
I'll give you guys an example of what I'm working on:

IT'S NOT HARD
go here for ideas. download a zip file containing the lua / cairo code. adjust the x and y coordinates and font sizes for a smaller display. tweak.
i spend a lot more time because the code that reads the filesystem size was slow and not working, but i've attached an almost-fixed version if anyone wants to play with it.

there's another bug in piechart.lua causing my rootfs to say 4.0mb instead of 40, feel free to post a solution for me. i just don't have time to work on this as often as i'd like.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archive.zip (15.3 KB, 144 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by Vintrc View Post
Here is my work

BTW.. Big thanks to GaRy delaMEr for this idea http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=54
can u please upload or share ur .conf file this looks beautiful!

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
i find it depressing i spent hours getting this working and nobody has posted a new script using lua or cairo yet.
I see your point Creamy. But truth be spoken: You'll have to blame Nokia on this one. For despite what FUD-preachers continue to say on this forum, there hardly goes by a week that I do not get something new on my n900 that absorbs all my attention. I need more hours in a day!

Right now I am struggling to keep up to pace with:

Beautifying Conky (eye candy)
Fillmore multitrack (to fulfil musical urges)
Ubuntu/Fedora/Arch on chroot (sweet E17)
Trying to cross-compile a Gentoo distro for n900 (going bad)
SunVox (to fulfil even more musical urges)

So, I have seen the thread here, but only did a thank-you-press, because of a lack of time. Will do that once more and bookmark the page you linked abd download the script

Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
I'll give you guys an example of what I'm working on:

IT'S NOT HARD
go here for ideas. download a zip file containing the lua / cairo code. adjust the x and y coordinates and font sizes for a smaller display. tweak.
i spend a lot more time because the code that reads the filesystem size was slow and not working, but i've attached an almost-fixed version if anyone wants to play with it.

there's another bug in piechart.lua causing my rootfs to say 4.0mb instead of 40, feel free to post a solution for me. i just don't have time to work on this as often as i'd like.
there is missing file in your archieve no testCairo.lua but in your conky cnfiguration it exist.
anywat it wont start on my conky 1.6 . what version you use.
Ups using version 1.9

Last edited by cloud596; 2011-02-20 at 13:58.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Hi there,
i would like to share my conky.conf
the fonts belong to /home/user/.fonts
conky.conf and wp.png are placed in /home/user/MyDocs
What can i do better? this is the first time i played with conky.conf, so this script is buggy and imperfect
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip conky.zip (196.5 KB, 205 views)

Last edited by Russe89; 2011-02-27 at 23:03.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Russe89 For This Useful Post:

Tags
conky, fix it yourself, post your conky