Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Ayast View Post
would cold flash be of any help
Possibly, if the problem is somehow related to flash memory being in correctable state. If not, it's HW problem and unrepairable really.

You mentioned that Nokia Care Center could fix it for $20 but I find that highly optimistic.
They are counting on fixing it by flashing but if you cannot do it yourself they cannot do it either. If it's damaged HW that means chip-level/board-level replacement and they just are not up to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
the nokia care center could not fix the problem but a local mobile repair shop fixed it for me for $22 and i am happy that my n9 is alive again

The Following User Says Thank You to Ayast For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Ayast View Post
the nokia care center could not fix the problem but a local mobile repair shop fixed it for me for $22 and i am happy that my n9 is alive again
Excellent
Did they tell you what was the problem?

Originally Posted by humble View Post
I had an issue like that before try "COLD" flash...
I know this is an old thread. But, couldn't help holding back my reply. A cold flash helped me restore my phone too which had an identical issue.

Just in case someone else need a reference.