Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
After rebooting the phone today I was asked to log in again. It still worked. But maybe it did not clear the cache as it picked up where I left before.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
After rebooting the phone today I was asked to log in again. It still worked. But maybe it did not clear the cache as it picked up where I left before.
Yeah, Amazon require you to re-authenticate every 14 days, that shouldn't clear the cache, it's only if you explicitly select "Sign out" from the options menu that the HTML5 app cache will be cleared.

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
The MeeGo version should now be back in the store, the Symbian version still needs some work before it can be republished.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
I purchased Erudite last week...it worked for a couple days, but now when it goes to the book I want, there is just a busy icon swirling constantly...please advise? Thanks, great app other than this issue.

Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
I purchased Erudite last week...it worked for a couple days, but now when it goes to the book I want, there is just a busy icon swirling constantly...please advise? Thanks, great app other than this issue.
Sorry to hear you're having problems, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue on my end, does it happen with all books or just one in particular?

Also can you double check that your internet connection is working correctly? After the latest update on Amazon's end the book downloading functionality hasn't been working correctly in Erudite, so books can't be read offline at the moment.

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Ok, I just saw you wrote that the download doesn't work. Then I'll wait for a fix. Thanks, M.

Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
After the latest update on Amazon's end the book downloading functionality hasn't been working correctly in Erudite, so books can't be read offline at the moment.

For me Erudite works online but I have now problems getting my books downloaded and stored offline.
First I couldn't download and "pin" new books for offline reading.
I removed some existing ones to free some web storage space. (Btw, is the limit still 50 MB?) but this didn't help.
So I signed out from the cloud reader in order to clear the offline cache, logged on again and tried to open the books again to trigger the download. Now I have no books available offline.
Unfortunately the downloads get stuck before the end, e.g. at 96% or earlier and then won't appear on the "Downloaded" tab.
Manually selecting books to download and pin them also doesn't work.
Any idea what the problem could be?

Last edited by mick3_de; 2013-09-05 at 16:53.

Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
Sorry to hear you're having problems, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue on my end, does it happen with all books or just one in particular?

Also can you double check that your internet connection is working correctly? After the latest update on Amazon's end the book downloading functionality hasn't been working correctly in Erudite, so books can't be read offline at the moment.
So that is the issue I think...the book was downloaded unbeknownst to me...when I cloud read, it is fine...is there a way to get the book off the downloaded list, so I can cloud read it again?

Again, awesome program.

Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
So that is the issue I think...the book was downloaded unbeknownst to me...when I cloud read, it is fine...is there a way to get the book off the downloaded list, so I can cloud read it again?

Again, awesome program.
If you sign out by clicking the little cog icon on the library page and then select "Sign Out" from the drop down menu it should remove all downloaded books and cached application data.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I just bought Erudite. Nice reader.

The problem is it does not download & pin the books. It just let you read on the cloud.

I have also found issues with font sizes. Apparently, the reader does not respect the size you set in the configuration menu. It is always smaller than the selected size.

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
I just bought Erudite. Nice reader.

The problem is it does not download & pin the books. It just let you read on the cloud.
Unfortunately the last update from Amazon broke this functionality in Erudite and I haven't yet been able to figure out what's wrong.