Hello all,

I've flashed my N900 many times over the years without problems, and this is the first time I've encountered this problem (after re-flashing the device) and was wondering if it's connected to the fact that the Nokia catalogues are no more.

When trying to install some programs from the standard Maemo catalogues I get errors about missing packages. For example 'fbreader' gives me the error: Application packages missing: libfribidi0 (>= 0.10.4-6). Or 'Cutetube' gives me: missing: libspeex1 (>=1.2-beta3-1)

I have searched for answers through old posts and I've come across similar problems from years ago, for example here ...

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65854&page=124

... but I don't know if my problem is connected. Hell, I don't even know if this has anything to do with the Nokia catalogues being down. It just seemed a big coincidence.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by deanrc; 2015-04-22 at 13:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to deanrc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94722

should do it
also the ovi store repo mirror isint availabl yet so any packages neded should be downloaded manually at the moment
please use that thread for further discussions

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
Uhhh! Could anyone let me on the know? I had been out of town. I did notice weird behaviour in App. Manager.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by princefakhan View Post
Uhhh! Could anyone let me on the know? I had been out of town. I did notice weird behaviour in App. Manager.
nokia repos have been shut down so we need to use mirrors if needed as in skeiron times
just that
pls use related thread for discussion
talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94272

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post: