Do you think that http://map.openseamap.org/ can add to a tile source too?

It would be nice if Jolla/Sailfish has navigation software too

Last edited by katajpek; 2014-01-10 at 11:11.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Nice work, thanks for this port!

The power usage seems to be minimal during the tracking which is good!

A problem though, I was not able to save my first track but maybe I did something wrong...

Is there a possibility to change the GPS measurement intervals? I would like to have the ability to modify this depending on the activity/lenght of the tracking.

The area for the map could be bigger, space is wasted at the top and the bottom of the screen. For example, the button for changing the type of map could be somewhere else: pulley menu?

Thanks again for this great app!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 319 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Grenoble, France
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
A problem though, I was not able to save my first track but maybe I did something wrong...
Sorry for this, it's a pending bug. Not difficult at all to correct, I didn't have time to investigate up to now. It seems that I'm not getting the right path from QML…

This port is still under development to be fully operational as Mæp was on Maemo. But I try to correct issues as fast as possible, on Monday maybe !

Is there a possibility to change the GPS measurement intervals? I would like to have the ability to modify this depending on the activity/lenght of the tracking.
It's not possible now, it's hard coded. But it's very easy to make it a parameter. I'll do it soon.

The area for the map could be bigger, space is wasted at the top and the bottom of the screen. For example, the button for changing the type of map could be somewhere else: pulley menu?
The top part is to have a place to pull for the the pulley menu, because pulling somewhere else pull the map. For the bottom part, I don't know if you know Mæep on Maemo, it has some button on the map to get the source list. I thought that changing it to what it is now was not wasting too much space while being in the look and feel of Sailfish (a bit like on the cover).

I can't put too many option in the pulley menu otherwise it's too long for landscape orientation for instance. I'll try to think about this.

Thanks again for this great app!
Thanks, but the original work was done by Till Harbaum, I just port it from Maemo to Sailfish.

The Following User Says Thank You to dcaliste For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by katajpek View Post
Do you think that http://map.openseamap.org/ can add to a tile source too?
I can give a look. If it use the same 256x256 tile format as OpenStreetMap is doing and that they authorise external map to HTTP GET those tiles, it will be very easy to integrate.

@otsaloma
My previous phone was a N900, and I was using Mæp on it all the time (I love maps). I try Marble on it some times but I feel less responsive and not as convenient as Mæp. I don't want to start a troll here. Marble is a great software and surely well coded, I didn't give a look more than that.

When I decide to switch to a Jolla, it was also because Mer provide the kind of libraries I'm accustomed to (Glib, Cairo, …). So I was wondering if it would be possible to port Mæp which was working like a charm (debugged and so on) on my N900 to the Jolla device with a minimal work load. It happened that it was the case, Qt and Glib interact pretty well together and Cairo also. So Mæep-qt is here, using the code of Mæp with a QML interface.

I'm coming from the Gtk world, so I don't know about Qt mapping possibilities. I pretty sure it has good one, but I didn't try.

For osm-gps-map, in fact, Mæp is using it. The map rendering and tile fetching by it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dcaliste For This Useful Post:
I don't know what is your time frame for your own project, but I'm open to colaborate to have a reusable component from the current status of the code. Actually the map component is alrrady not too badly separated from the rest but it lacks a good layer API to easily add pois... Feel free to contact me or to give a look to the code and ask for improvements. I will be more available for coding from February.

Do you think this would work on the N9 without too much modifications?

@magnunor
I don't know. It depends on the available libraries on the N9. The requirements for Maep are glib, cairo, gconf, curl and soup which are quite standard. The UI part should be adapted though because the QML components for Sailfish are different from the one of the N9. In addition, the binding of the cairo stuff with QML should work, I tested them quickly with QT4.8 before starting with QT5 for Sailfish. The GPS handling should be adapted also because currently, it's using QPositioning which is part of QT5.2.

Originally Posted by dcaliste View Post
I can give a look. If it use the same 256x256 tile format as OpenStreetMap is doing and that they authorise external map to HTTP GET those tiles, it will be very easy to integrate.

OpenSeaMap is part of OpenStreetMap and uses its database.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenSeaMap

As far as i understand it is same file format as OpenStreetmap.

Some bug corrections:
- import / export layout are now OK ;
- properly save the exported track ;
- try to correct a crashing bug after searching for something (an issue in Curl in fact)
- use bigger icons for wikipedia data.

Remaining ones:
- auto-centering is not removed by moving the map ;
- still impossible to select a wikipedia balloon.

Changes:
- use a lighter gradient for the bottom toolbar and shift a bit the icons of the toolbar to the bottom ;
- use a gconf parameter to change the GPS refresh rate (a parameter page to change this in the UI should appear next).

Package can be found on openrepos or download from here:
- http://dcaliste.free.fr/devel/maep-q...3.7-7.i586.rpm
- http://dcaliste.free.fr/devel/maep-q...-7.armv7hl.rpm

The Following User Says Thank You to dcaliste For This Useful Post: