Originally Posted by sirflyalot View Post
Actually, it's really freakin small. The thickness doesn't bother me at all. I wish it was bigger. Cell phones are too small these days anyway, and their purpose has changed. They should be bigger. Web Browsing, email, chatting, video, etc. All of those apps should be on a bigger device, but small enough to fit in a pocket.
The thickness could be trimmed down to be more mainstream. It would have helped a little if it was somewhat slightly tapered at the edges so it didn't look like a big cuboid block. But then again, N900 is for Nokia's "Tech Market" who probably won't mind the blockiness.

It's the major gripe of the gadget blogs (reporting on it's weight/chunkimunkiness). I

And if you are a guy with tight a s s jeans, you are on the wrong forum.
Haha, I bet there's some N900luvin geeks out there with skinny jeans. (though it's often iPhones and not much else)

Originally Posted by kev30 View Post
thanks for the comparsions. im digging the mario backgrond
Hehe, thanks. Would be cool if some animated Mario randomly bounced across it some time.

Originally Posted by thinh View Post
lol i really wish the n900 was bigger... it's acutally kinda small imho. maybe a 4 inch screen would be really nice even if the overall size of the device is bigger.

But i still love my n900 =)
I reckon it's possible to go up to 4 inches and not actually be that big area wise. The design will just have to have minimal border wastage/be completely border-less (would be interesting to see a phone like that, impractical as it may be)
[QUOTE=jjx;395052]Fingerprint city! [QUOTE]

Oh yeah! Yuck. Sorry guys.

Normally I wipe the screen on my sleeve/shirt but this N900 doesn't have a screen protector (didn't have a shimmy cloth thingy either) so I didn't want to inadvertently scratch it like my N97.

It's a good idea to have something displaying on the screen when you photograph it - especially next to another device which is displaying something.
Will do for future, thanks! I did think about that after I finished, but I didn't want to be all weird and go back to the phone stores and start taking photos again it was weird the first time round.

The phoneshop shoot was really unplanned. Twas very hard to shoot quickly, inconspicuously and shoot these phones on awful retracting security threads, keeping it balanced and flat as possible.

I'll get some more clinically fair images like this one, using actual handsets and on a flat table ^_-:
click

I see in your photos that the fingerprints only show in the photos where the N900 is a black screen.
Yeah, fingerprints are undetectable with the screen on.

The Following User Says Thank You to JayMontano For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thread title == impressive

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
The size of the N900 is just fine. I just think it's a little to heavy compared to other devices. :s

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
not fat but just big bone

Makes we want to buy a screen protector and cleaner

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Is that an N900 in your jeans, or are you just extremely glad to see me?

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
why is the satio upside down? this makes me mad >:O

and i lold at how huge the omnia2 is looking.
i think i'll realize the actual size of the n900 when i have it in my own hands.