Active Topics

Ok today Nokia just outed that all those customisation stories were just stories and there is no truth about them.
So if any one of you know who is going to do this phone in the UK, please lemme know i m due for an upgrade soon and this info will be really appreciated. I know eXpansys is going to this so if you know any other Network...please please please

http://conversations.nokia.com/2009/...for-operators/

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
If you want the N900 subsidised but without any customisation, just buy the phone with a contract from Expansys.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dansus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
expansys does cell phone contracts?! i thought they were just a store!

They sell contracts on behalf of the carriers, in return they get a set subsidy to offer customers depending on monthly charge and the carriers dont have to do all the technical and warranty stuff.

Basically they buy a load of phones from the manufactures and you just choose the contract you want to go with it. (in the UK at least)

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by dansus View Post
They sell contracts on behalf of the carriers, in return they get a set subsidy to offer customers depending on monthly charge and the carriers dont have to do all the technical and warranty stuff.

Basically they buy a load of phones from the manufactures and you just choose the contract you want to go with it. (in the UK at least)
Good to know, thanks!

Sounds like something Carphone Warehouse do / used to in the UK too.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Sorry my bad. Atleast in the UK it is subsidized. I dont think it will happen in the US

http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/...62/p26078.aspx
£392 on pay as you go, and it will be unbranded and unlocked. Awesome!

Im so there.

ps: those looking for an uber deal, seems like Tmobile and Vodafone will sell these and some peeps will grab one on upgrade and sell it on ebay and CEX, meaning you can usually grab yourself a deal.

I bought my E71 from CEX about a week after it came out, brand new, unbranded for £220.

The Following User Says Thank You to dansus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
wish i waited a week longer its seems theres going to be awesomely low competitive prices in the UK but i'm too eager and want it as quick as possible so went directly to nokia

Im so there.
Yeah, great to see a good UK deal appear! So tempted to buy now... or do we wait and see what else appears... hmm

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London

Im so there.
Sorry, maybe Im missing the point here, but how do we know that these would be unbranded and non-customized versions ?

Could this not be possible that this reseller actually buys it from vodaphone in case vodaphone would be confirmed that they are selling the N900's ?
In that case it would be branded, locked and even customized in who knows what way !

Would anybody help clarify this please ? the deal sounds irresistable , its a whopping £100 less !

Last edited by krk969; 2009-09-18 at 10:40.

Tags
£306!!