Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
its just amazon, they almost always do this with new items

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Well, that price keeps edging lower and lower on a device that hasn't even been released yet. Does this mean that it might still go lower later? The closer it gets to that sweet-spot of $400, the more likely I, and others from the recent polls, would more likely be willing to consider purchasing one, since the high cost and cellular radio were the major niggling points for me--and they seemed to be closely related. I doubt it'll reach $400 anytime soon, but dropping nearer and nearer does tempt otherwise disinterested consumers.
I would think during x-mas it will be aroud that price. But that's just me

Originally Posted by UCOMM View Post
its just amazon, they almost always do this with new items
most likely they are buying bulk and getting it wholesale prices.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Yea. We should arrange for a bulk order with super special fanboy prices

@Nokia: Pretty please with a cherry on top?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
I just ordered it on Amazon. Also, does anyone know if Amazon charges instantly or does it charge when they ship it out to you?

Originally Posted by remister View Post
I just ordered it on Amazon. Also, does anyone know if Amazon charges instantly or does it charge when they ship it out to you?
They wait and charge when they ship.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Rhode Island
amazon did this with the n97 too. my friend pre-ordered it from there for about $100 cheaper. only downside was i think in the n97's case it was shipped something like a week later than from the nokia store. could've been random but only time will tell. i still pick amazon over nokia though (prime ftw).

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Bronx, New York
I pre ordered but since I am in a taxable shipping state it came to the same price as a untaxed device... Hmmmm it's better than paying 730 nearly though...

Originally Posted by remister View Post
To further add to what Pushwall said, Amazon also has something known as the "Pre-order Price Guarantee". Basically, between the day you pre-order and the day they ship the item to you, you'll get the lowest price for the item regardless of the price at the time of your pre-order.

In other words, if you pre-order today at the price of about $590 and Amazon decides to drop the price further to, say, $530* for just one day, then $530 is the price you pay when the item ships out. It's a rather nice option. Sure beats having to cancel and reorder an item should you find out about a price drop.

*And in case there's any confusion, I'm not claiming any insider knowledge or predictions for price drops on the device. I was just making numbers strictly to demonstrate my point.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BadMojoUT For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have been an N900 un-booster for quite awhile, but this tempts me.

Is it really impossible for me to use any features of this phone with Sprint?

Yes, I re-read GA's definitive "This is a dead end" on this subject.

But I wish... I still have a year to go on my contract with Sprint; I guess I'll wait.

Last edited by geneven; 2009-09-16 at 13:02.