Long article but very good... Ahonen provides detailed info as to why Elop is a knob

http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...s-ceo-and.html

Originally Posted by Tomi Ahonen
So. You may think that the Ovi store was a failure. You are entitled to that opinion. Yet the facts are, that on four of six inhabited continents, it was the most used app store. You may think Symbian is obsolete and useless. You are entitled to that opinion. Yet the facts are, that on five of the six inhabited continents, Symbian was the bestselling smartphone OS. And you may think that Nokia's smartphones are not fit to sell in any market. You are entitled to that opinion. The facts are, that until Elop destroyd the brand just 12 months ago, Nokia branded smartphones were easily selling more than all iPhones and all Samsung smartphones added together - and growing at about the same rate, while growing profits too. The real paying customers in China, rest of Asia, Africa, Latin America, and to a lesser extent, in Europe and Oceania - were snapping up those Nokia smartphones quite happily. And today, that most award-winning 808 PureView superphone, it also runs on Symbian, on tech so advanced you cannot build the same phone on an Android or Windows Phone OS. Symbian is not dead (yet).

Can Symbian run on multicore-CPU-platforms, does it have a thread-safe code? I think not, neither does WP. Both are unusable for high end phones.

Because Elop and MS, Nokia is forbidden to bring quad-core Meego-device with the Pureview-camera. What a great decision from Elop and the general board, good job!
Nokia deserves to die and get the next Darwin award.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
ah. Tomi Ahonen. If you want a constant stream of Nokia bashing he's your man to follow. He does have a few valid points but he really needs to find himself a girl or something to get some other things into his life. Putting that much time and energy to bashing nokia doesn't seem very healthy.

edit: didn't read that post. I've read enough of his stuff.

Last edited by timoph; 2012-04-24 at 16:01.

this guy is on fire lately. All i have to say is 87.45% of statistics is made up

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Can Symbian run on multicore-CPU-platforms, does it have a thread-safe code? I think not, neither does WP. Both are unusable for high end phones.
I'm not sure. The kernel is enabled, but in 2010 talk was about Symbian^5 and ^6 bringing muti-core support.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Can Symbian run on multicore-CPU-platforms, does it have a thread-safe code?
Yes and yes - the development work was done jointly by Sony Ericsson and ARM and it was announced on the Symbian Foundation blog around three years ago. A proof of concept Sony Ericsson U8500 with an ARM Cortex-A9 processor was also built and demonstrated.

At the time there was no other smartphone OS with multicore support.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
"no OS deserve to die".. its like saying "lets kill ballet because Hip-Hop is New its so Cool"...
Now go boot up MSDOS and see if you can talk to us comfortably from that dinosaur.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I rewrote the lyrics of the bedroom intruder song
http://youtu.be/rl5B6ns34LQ for Elop
Well obviously we have a trojan horse in Nokia.......
He's climbing up inside your corp and snatchin your open source
trying to rape it so yall need to
hide your phones hide your tablets
and hide your code cuz they rapin erebody out here
you don't have to come and confess
we lookin for you
we gon fiiiiiind you
we gon find you
so you can run and tell that
run and tell that
run and tell that
homeboy, home, home, homeboy
We saw you give away patents and copy the N9 you are so dumb
you really are so dumb, for real
you are really really really really so dumb
N9 customer: My phone was attacked by some idiot from microsoft
so dumb so dumb so dumb so dumb

Last edited by aironeous; 2012-04-24 at 19:37.

Tags
blame game, elop the m0ron, goodbyenokia, lumiatard, mistertard, the nokia bash, what's next