Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Ynohtna View Post
Man Nokia, make it so I can play N8 videos at least!
Funny, you are couple years too late to ask for hardware changes to N9.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-03-05 at 18:48.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Funny, you are couple years too late to ask for hardware changes to N9.
nobody knows the actual hardware until it's released it seems anyways

Didn't expect a regression in this part... I think the N8 HD videos are not that crazy high anyhow compared to some others. N9 should handle it.

Kmplayer+mplayer is a good choice , it still doesn't play properly 720p even at 1350mhz , it plays the video but the framerate is lower , somewhere around 20fps , still better than getting an error like default mediaplayer does .

by the way ... Sometimes the default mediaplayer gives that cannot play error even at 480p videos , something is wrong ...

Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
by the way ... Sometimes the default mediaplayer gives that cannot play error even at 480p videos , something is wrong ...
unsupported codec?

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
unsupported codec?
Maybe a s*** codec , as long as the MKplayer can play 720p videos very smooth just a bit slower . Even with 480p videos the default media player lags .

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Czech Republic
Video playback a tiny bit jerky after PR 1.2 update!!!!
I have a black version of the N9 16GB (Made in Finland) and all the videos downloaded from YouTube or N8 and snatchy video play!
Playing and downloading video program "CuteTube" and the video is smooth. This video replay on your phone and is choppy. Where is the mistake?
It is necessary to solve this problem Nokia as soon as possible.

Last edited by bitpowers; 2012-04-26 at 18:00.

Hi,

Does any ffmpeg or mencoder expert know correct parameters to encode this kind of video? I guess 2 Mbps would be enough.

I have been using settings proposed by rasteroid here, but I am not quite happy with the video quality. There are too much all kinds of artefacts visible on encoded videos.

Thanks

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Nävis View Post
Hi,

Does any ffmpeg or mencoder expert know correct parameters to encode this kind of video? I guess 2 Mbps would be enough.

I have been using settings proposed by rasteroid here, but I am not quite happy with the video quality. There are too much all kinds of artefacts visible on encoded videos.

Thanks

That page atleast had wrong resolution 864 vs 854, I just fixed the wiki to 854, if you have encoded with 864, then try to reencode first.

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by Nävis View Post
Does any ...encoder expert know correct parameters to encode this kind of video?
Now what does this come down to?

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
What you want is a maximum quality picture with minimum distortion. The best way is to use a video encoding system to re-encode a high-resolution, low compression source video into the native resolution of your device at the lowest compression level (or highest bitrate) that your device can handle.
I only read the 1st seven pages, sorry. But if that's what I wanted, what would be THE BEST SETTINGS?

I know h264.mp4 @basic profile (3.1) + AAC.
What settings are advised for
- video bitrate, CBR and period max. (as in VBR)?
- are these settings the same for 854x480 and 1280x720?
- encoder (mainconcept, ffmpeg, ...)?
- is framerate kinda fixed @ 30 fps or might 25 fps improve playback as of less frames?

Talking about playback with the default player on N9 here.
What would be second and third best choice for codec?
Current Maemo Community Council member