Active Topics

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on May 2013 @ southern germany
...and I found out the problem I actually have is the display ribbon cable. The funny thing is - the display is fine, but proximity sensor doesn't work any more. I reopened and fiddled a little, then it started working again. But again, I had little sparks coming from the damaged display cable, which is not good.

Very odd that the display still works... After doing forum search I'll get a new prox sensor and see how things go.

Last edited by artish0ke; 2015-08-04 at 12:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to artish0ke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by artish0ke View Post
... the display is fine, but proximity sensor doesn't work any more.
How did you narrow it down to the sensor? I don't believe that that's what killed my long-dead N9 -- I think it was a different hardware fault -- but I've never been able to rule it out definitively.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on May 2013 @ southern germany
Well, whether prox nor light sensor work anymore - and they did before - but the initial problem I had, the device not turning on, definitively lied in the display cable because that's the one that threw sparks. I fiddled around with both cables and now I assume this has not necessarily to do with the sensor function - especially after reading the sensor is rather "sensitive".

I have been "donated" a display to do further testing - thanks to Heik - I'll report as I get along.

The Following User Says Thank You to artish0ke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
Mine died just a few minutes ago too. Suddenly shows 4% battery and turns off. At the moment it is not possible to turn it on again.

Code:
 sudo flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_301013 --flash-only=kernel -f -R

flasher 3.12.1 (Oct  5 2011) Harmattan
WARNING: This tool is intended for professional use only. Using it may result
in permanently damaging your device or losing the warranty.

Picked ape-algo from a FIASCO file
Suitable USB interface (bootloader/phonet) not found, waiting...
connecting the N9 to usb = no sign of life.
(btw I use and love it since Nov 2011)

May be I should buy a new battery and try again - what do you think? I need some inspiration and motivation.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
What about connecting to wall charger?

Or what happens if you have connected to PC with flasher started. And then press power button for about 8-9 seconds?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
It's still alive. A hour later I looked at it in a dark room and could see that the black screen wasn't off, could see a very low elumination. After pressing the on off button a long time, the display turns off. I'm sure, I did this before...
I could start the phone again. It shows 42% battery but I put it to the charger over night. May be the 4% bug came along, as I received a call.

The Following User Says Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Possibly?

Maybe modem took to much current so shutdown was iniated but not fully done?
Either a one time quirk. Or if this happens more often I would guess on a f'at/old/exhausted batt.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
... if this happens more often I would guess on a f'at/old/exhausted batt.
Yes, battery is rather old. Profilematic is good for an 'adult' battery. On next drop I will change it.

The Following User Says Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post: