Poll: Abill_uk to release the know how for all the usb problems(with pics included).
Poll Options
Abill_uk to release the know how for all the usb problems(with pics included).

Closed Thread
As everyone knows now Nokia have more or less ABANDONED the N900 and now it really IS down to this community to further any future development.

This thread is self explanitory to make an online Petition to abill_uk, the idea's to get abill_uk release the full "fix" of the USB problems and the USB HOST MODE, he alone discovered and perfected for our N900. INCLUDING PICTURES.

I will devote my time to further development only if i have the original source code available to me(not really i got no time), i am no way going to stab in the dark with this as the USB teams are, working almost blind with all the knowledge abill_uk keeps for himself components, quite frankly they will do a hell of a lot better armed with the full abill_uk know how of the N900 USB.

Everyone who would like to see N900 further developed please leave a post in agreement and any idea's you may have for Abill to release fully the Know How for the N900 USB problems and USB HOST MODE and for further N900 development.

If your vote is a NO could you please let us know why you voted no.

Please note that this Poll is public as you can click on the results table to get the voting list of names.

Please make sure everyone that you realise this is YOUR Community and this is YOUR Poll and feel free to give any idea's you have to enable further development of N900.

This Poll has no time limit and will be open for everyone at any time.

Any flame wars will be reported... not...

Edit2: well the source of this petition is this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=240
and well i remember some old post where he says he has USB host mode working... that he wont share it...

Edit3: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=usb+host+mode well this is the other thread where he claims he has USB host mode working...

So what are we waiting for, vote so abill shares all his knowledge...

Last edited by chan32167; 2011-05-30 at 19:42. Reason: to make more sense than abill...

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to chan32167 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
omg man its abill_uk ! in linux the case matters!

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
@OP
Why did you vote no then??

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
@OP
Why did you vote no then??
cause i dont need it... but i am asking on behalf the community... lets see what this thread does... maybe abill =/= nokia... and he delivers

Last edited by chan32167; 2011-05-30 at 18:57.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Whats going on here? why vote yes? why vote no?

this thread starts because of this...

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=240

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=usb+host+mode

i will add it to the first post

Last edited by chan32167; 2011-05-30 at 19:41.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by Abill_uk View Post
I have done various things with the hardware but am not prepared to give out details untill we have a FULLY open drivers source and a solid Meego OS to support the minor wiring changes i have made to enable USB OTG, HOST mode among other mods
I Think He has been a little bit clear.

I don't get it, who is Abill_uk trying to boycott by this? Nokia? They don't give a ****, and I doubt we will have open source drivers unless someone's kind enough to write them, most likely being MAG. What does he mean by a "Solid Meego OS" ? By a Meego OS on the N900? Since I know he doesn't agree with the efforts of the Developer Edition...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
I Think He has been a little bit clear.
what i dont get is how does he have it working... did he hack those drivers?? cause if you did read that post... he says he has it working without those drivers... or so i understand... why would he need the drivers??

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Ah damn, I thought it was a petition to ban Abill_uk... Uh well, nothing to see here then.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
brainwashing, ignore list, let's have fun!, sad nerds, _sigh