Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
But it's drawn in (or away) far more interesting input than just that, that's the point...
Should just stick to two generic ones; one off-topic, anythings goes*, & the other for more structured/considered input (as outlined in it's 1st few pages).

*that could be this thread or the one I'm linking.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-25 at 15:10.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
why are all these videos green when i play them?
Are you on linux and using an Nvidia graphics card? If so I vaguely remember that it's something about a vdaup issue between flash and Nvidia. I remember googling it and it was like a 2 step thing I typed into terminal to fix it but then some later Nvidia driver update changelog seemed to mention something about it.

Last edited by aironeous; 2012-11-25 at 15:16.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Seriously guys, please look at a full HD screen beside yours and you see the difference. It now where near the MP madness...
(1080p) 2073600 pixels on every frame/s! It draw too much power! Even if it's possible.. no way.. I want better battery life.. Video recording 1080p/30 please, but not the screen!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
(1080p) 2073600 pixels on every frame/s! It draw too much power! Even if it's possible.. no way.. I want better battery life.. Video recording 1080p/30 please, but not the screen!
Great. You have the option to do so. I don't think jolla can afford a highend screen anyway, so the Jolla phone could be dev/fun phone behind your high tech gear. First gen 1080 might have the same battery life as n9 or Jolla if the go mid range.

Originally Posted by patlak View Post
And unless it doesn't have a full HD screen, that phone is immediately considered dinosaur, correct? It may have a dslr sensor or shoot flying donkeys as a habit, but the 720p resolution would be "meh."
Yes, but I'm buying dinosaurs often, they are much cheaper. The only concern I have is if a dinosaur is in the price range of the highend top of the line devices. 720p is enough for Jolla... If they can afford that.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-25 at 15:57.

Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Technically, this is a Jolla video thread. =P
yep. And maybe this is some sort of video analyse thread too

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
But it's drawn in (or away) far more interesting input than just that, that's the point...
Should just stick to two generic ones; one off-topic, anythings goes*, & the other for more structured/considered input (as outlined in it's 1st few pages).

*that could be this thread or the one I'm linking.
I edited the firs page, are you happier? Or are you like Hulk on Sunday?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
That's cool, I don't mean to disrespect your idea/intent for starting this thread, it just makes sense to consolidate discussion to one or two threads.
But, because it's unlikely that mods will actively consolidate every(most) Sailfish/Jolla thread as it pops-up, carry-on.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I looked at all the range of NovaThor CPU's (L9540, U9500, L8540, U8540) all seem to be dual-cores. I think it's possible to speculate that Jolla's phone will possibly be a dual-core

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
That's cool, I don't mean to disrespect your idea/intent for starting this thread, it just makes sense to consolidate discussion to one or two threads.
But, because it's unlikely that mods will actively consolidate every(most) Sailfish/Jolla thread as it pops-up, carry-on.
I am very clad to hear that

Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
why are all these videos green when i play them?
Quick solution: Right click the video, go to video settings, disable HW acceleration.

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?