Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
My N900 is officially bricked, and I can't get it to reflash in Vista. I'm trying the Linux method, but its not looking good. I have some confidential data on the device that deals with two software projects and the accompanying patents on the device. Does ANYONE know the best way to get this device wiped clean? I really need to reboot this myself and not send it in with that data on it for the safety of my clients.

Anyone with clues willing to walk me through a reflash using the Maemo Flasher over the phone, please call me or PM me for a number if you don't already have it. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! Please help a brother...

I can use Linux Mint or Vista for the flashing, if that helps.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
Is the flashing process different on the n900 than the n810? Still don't have my n900, but I'm familiar with flashing the n810 under *nix.

What other devices use the N900 battery? And I have never owned a Maemo device, so anything you say would help me. I'm stuck.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
The n900 uses a bl-5j? Looks like the 5800 uses that one, and the 5802...5230?
I'm not very smartphonish, those are just from the first page or two of googling 'bl-5j'. I'll look around and see if I can find n900-specific flashing instructions real quick; once I know what's up I'll PM you if no one else has gotten to you by then. I know how the n810 works, but I'm not sure the process hasn't changed.

Thanks for that professional phone support, Jiiv. Big ups and glad to have a local DFW linux guru on the team. I owe ya.

Now I have more reason to get people to put their location on their profiles. We can help each other right at home...