Active Topics

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
actually, i got three of those clip on lens sets at photokina by charming around with sales staff at a chinese companys booth
They are quite cool but not very "sturdy". I guess it is the typical 9,99$ range ebay item.
I will keep one and still have another one to offer for the november competition!
Nice!
Maybe I will keep my prize for the December competition? ( you might have to remind me... )

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I vote for no competition during November. Instead grow a mustache, add your favorite topic suggestions, create a topic poll for December photo war of 2016 and then make a super Epic Big Bang happy new year photo delux competition during December.

Or have a completion in November and then in December collect all the winners of the year to battle a best photo 2016.

Either way I won't participate in November unless I can reuse my fish.

GL all and good luck!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-11-01 at 22:01.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Congratulations robthebold, a close race indeed.

I am happy with my second place, saves me from choosing a topic
Thanks for all the votes!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Any idea what plant it was browsing on?
It was over a year ago but if memory serves me right, I believe it was radish. The leaves look about right.

EDIT
Just caught up with the rest of tbe thread. Congratulations, robthebold!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
I am happy with my second place, saves me from choosing a topic
Thanks for all the votes!
I hear you! It does feel like a high pressure task, what with the last few topics being so successful in attracting participation, I'm concerned about letting all of you down with a lousy theme.

What I did notice was that the last two topics (darkness and macro) were both challenging for cameraphones with their (mostly) tiny sensors and (mostly) fixed focal lengths. But maybe the challenge inspired creativity and thus the fantastic participation . . . like how a sonnet form inspires because of the limits placed on the author maybe.

Well, I may be getting a little too pretentious, and besides I don't know how to photograph poetry, so I thought for a day and decided on something else also hampered a little by the equipment used: motion. I looked at the last year's worth, and I don't believe it's repeating anything done too recently. If no serious objections, I'll start a new thread shortly.

Oh BTW everyone, this was sure a fun month for pics, wasn't it?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Congratulations Rob!

Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
I'm concerned about letting all of you down with a lousy theme.
No You don't

What I did notice was that the last two topics (darkness and macro) were both challenging for cameraphones with their (mostly) tiny sensors and (mostly) fixed focal lengths. But maybe the challenge inspired creativity and thus the fantastic participation . . . like how a sonnet form inspires because of the limits placed on the author maybe.
And I think we made it quite well?

Well, I may be getting a little too pretentious, and besides I don't know how to photograph poetry, so I thought for a day and decided on something else also hampered a little by the equipment used: motion. I looked at the last year's worth, and I don't believe it's repeating anything done too recently. If no serious objections, I'll start a new thread shortly.
OMG! This "Motion" -theme was what my wife hoped me to choose... what a coincidence

Oh BTW everyone, this was sure a fun month for pics, wasn't it?
At first I was unsure when I read that I chose an old topic... But now I do not regret the choice... Pictures and atmosphere were great! Thanks for all participants!

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
November contest here.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
As promised threatened, I post here what would have been my entry had I had the time and means to do that in time. A picture of some white dielectric material from the shed. Taken on 2016-10-22 with a Samsung Sidekick 4G.

Name:  2016-10-22 12.11.36.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  61.1 KB

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, competition