Hi
Is there any way of importing and exporting ics files from splanner on a Samsung Note 2. I want to transfer a calendar from N900 to Note 2 secondary calendar. I don't want to sync via Google.

Cheers

I had the same problem when I first got the SGS I couldnt transfer my calender (weekly rotating schedule) from N900.

I think if you Sync via Google that would be the best route... I had to manually enter each event which was redundant.

Floating Windows on HDTV...Hmm it never occured to me.
I guess if you rotate the Note into landscape mode then disable rotation, and navigate with a wireless mouse/controller. I might have to try this.

What Im really excited about is the discovery that the Note1 doesnt have a Wifi bgn antenna but actually a Dualband bgn antenna. That means its Miracast-compatible. And Im going to purchase one of those small Bluetooth/Wifi dongles but one thats for Miracast and conects via HDMI. I know LG previewed one. So I can (theoretically) take the tiny dongle with my Note and beam the screen caprure/mirror to any TV (dont need dongle for some smartTVs). That lets me use the microUSB for OTG functions, or charging, or both!

To be honest I recently tried one of the earlier JB leaks (LS2) for the Note 1. Not the ROM but the full system dump, and somethings would crash and hang (but surprisingly little) some things were sluggish including the MultiWindow feature (not modded).

I havent compared it directly to the NOTE 2, but it was dedinitely slower.

Anyways Ive since updated it to the Ultimate ROM (4.1.2), and it was butter smooth. On v4 (LS7) the only problems I had were:
-Camera works much much better than AOSP but it freezes and fcs sometimes
-Gallery App also freezes
-No PhotoSphere

I updated to v5 v5.1 and v5.2 (new base LSA) and experienced many problems:
- Slow charging
- Excess battery waste (v4 was perfect 6hrs, v5 is 2-3hrs)
- MultiWindow not working properly
- But Camera and Gallery never freeze
- PhotoSphere works, kinda

On both v4 and v5 they are Note2-like....many gestures abd S Pen features work and work without performance issues. Im glad I didnt buy a Note2 for myself, it wouldve been a waste of money.

PS Tomorrow Im flying again to see family, Ill do a comprehensive comparison between stock Note2 and my updated Note1.

I'm flattered

Last edited by Kangal; 2012-11-29 at 23:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Ok, so I just discovered the open-source "Terminal IDE" project for Android, and am smitten. I do a lot of work on the command line: I edit text files using VIM, use more than a few scripts, and compile code outside of an IDE. Terminal IDE provides support the tools needed to build Android applications (as well as the requisite busybox.)

Terminal IDE in Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...x.spartacuside

My upcoming Nexus 10 will thus be a lean, mean, development machine. It's endowed with a powerful CPU, an outstanding screen, battery life that my current laptop could only dream of, and an ultra-thin, ultra-light foot print. I forsee my ageing brick of a laptop becoming a second tier to a multi-purpose tablet that only cost a few hundred.

I have a BT keyboard that will do the trick in the short run, though I would like to upgrade to a good keyboard dock or a nice stand-and-keyboard pair, if I can find suitable components.

Now if only Android did split-screen natively...

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Ok, so I just discovered the open-source "Terminal IDE" project for Android, and am smitten. I do a lot of work on the command line: I edit text files using VIM, use more than a few scripts, and compile code outside of an IDE. Terminal IDE provides support the tools needed to build Android applications (as well as the requisite busybox.)

Terminal IDE in Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...x.spartacuside

My upcoming Nexus 10 will thus be a lean, mean, development machine. It's endowed with a powerful CPU, an outstanding screen, battery life that my current laptop could only dream of, and an ultra-thin, ultra-light foot print. I forsee my ageing brick of a laptop becoming a second tier to a multi-purpose tablet that only cost a few hundred.

I have a BT keyboard that will do the trick in the short run, though I would like to upgrade to a good keyboard dock or a nice stand-and-keyboard pair, if I can find suitable components.

Now if only Android did split-screen natively...

Did you say split-screen natively...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nh2NSLgaII&feature=plcp

sorry about the ads...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Did you say split-screen natively...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nh2NSLgaII&feature=plcp

sorry about the ads...
Thanks for the video! It was very entertaining and very well done.

Yes the split screen feature of the Galaxy Note is a killer feature. I just wish that it was available in stock android. Something tells me that future android will include this feature by default... It will turn Android into a fully productive system.

Finally, the Nexus 4 is once again available via the Google Play store in Canada. I was able to get an order in (after many tries "due to high demand"), but even 8mins after being available, the 8GB version was sold out!

Interestingly, the first time I was able to get to the order page (but had to make a quick modification so I didn't make a purchase) the wait time to delivery was 1-2 weeks. The second time I was able to place my order, the delivery wait time had jumped to 3-4 weeks! Now (around 15 mins after sales), the site is claiming that delivery will take 6-7 weeks!! Assuming decent sized inventories and noting that there is a 1/person policy, these devices are selling at an incredible rate.

It seems that the Nexus 4 and 10 are incredibly popular items, much more than Google or LG anticipated.

update: 40 mins after it went on sale, it is available to ship in 7-8 weeks, or roughly 2 months! Any longer and the Galaxy S4 will be out by the time people get their devices. I certainly hope LG can ramp up production to meet demand.

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2012-12-03 at 20:42.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Gongrats to the order. The nexus is not for me but looking forward to see what you think of the device.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Gongrats to the order. The nexus is not for me but looking forward to see what you think of the device.
In truth, it is for my g/f, and a development platform for me to test against. I have little need for a phone, as I don't use it very often, but I will certainly play with it thoroughly and report my experiences.

I should also be getting the Nexus 10 today... if UPS doesn't screw up the order... which they probably will. :P However, that is a gift, so I won't be able to play with it until later in the month. I'm most excited about that one, in that it will largely replace my ageing laptop as a mobile workstation.

Of course, I will give my impressions of that one as well!

Quick question for the experienced Android users. I have an android device I don't often use but thought I should start using more often. I transferred my contacts to it recently, however I cannot add the contacts into groups. I've noticed that if the contact is on my google mail account I can. Does anybody know how to either send all phone contacts to the google contacts account or how to add groups without needing to do so?

@Cue

I wish I could help... Let us know if you find a solution.

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy