Closed Thread
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by octane View Post
dirkvl: Could you try to attach the NFC sticker on the moving part of your keyboard and check if the NFC ID is readable from the phone when the keyboard is closed.

If yes, this could be used to disable the software keyboard, to force a landscape mode or|and to disable the switch off of the display, when the HW keyboard is slided out.
HA! that would be a very good idea! i love it!

however:
-phone only reads nfc after pin is inserted in the back (giggety?)
-the nfc reader does not has this range afaik

so... what would be the way to go now is:
-activate keyboard when malliit is opened
-to force landscape and minimize on-screen keyboard on key-press

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
toh-vdd supply is now "shutdown" when display is off,
but first keypress can send some dbus-spells to change to tohkbd-layout (minimal) - forcing landscape needs some digging
Only problem here is how to get easily back to normal vkb. maybe add quick-button to the tohkbd-layout to restore previously used vkb layout

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Bulgaria, Sofia
dirkvl: I'm really sorry for writing it here, but my account is limited and I can't send private messages.
I would like to purchase one from your Qwerty OtherHalfs. Do you have some already made Qwerty OtherHalfs for sell or if I purchase one now, I'll be in the waiting list? If I pay you tomorrow, when can I expect to receive my keyboard? How could I do the purchase? Do you prefer PayPal or a regular Bank transfer (I have it both PayPal and Bank account)? Bank transfer is slower, but is free of charge for you (or should be free of charge for you). I have already read that the shipping costs to my country - Bulgaria (Classified as EUR2 in the table) are 11 EUR, so the total price with the shipment should be 111 EUR for me?
Please, add me to the waiting list and tell me how to proceed with my order.

Best regards

Yasen Iliev (Ясен Илиев)

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ Finland
dirkvl: I'm really sorry for writing it here, but my account is limited and I can't send private messages.
I would like to purchase one from your Qwerty OtherHalfs. Do you have some already made Qwerty OtherHalfs for sell or if I purchase one now, I'll be in the waiting list? If I pay you tomorrow, when can I expect to receive my keyboard? How could I do the purchase? Do you prefer PayPal or a regular Bank transfer (I have it both PayPal and Bank account)? Bank transfer is slower, but is free of charge for you (or should be free of charge for you). I have already read that the shipping costs to my country - Bulgaria (Classified as EUR2 in the table) are 11 EUR, so the total price with the shipment should be 111 EUR for me?
Please, add me to the waiting list and tell me how to proceed with my order.

Best regards

Yasen Iliev (Ясен Илиев)
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=619

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Bulgaria, Sofia
O.K. than I'll try to make it by my own. Maybe with some modifications:
1. I'll try to add 2 additional keys (below the unlabelled keys of the Motorolas keyboard )
2. I'll try to attach a hall diode and connect it so, that its signal will be reported as a keypress. I'll check if the magnetic field of the speaker is strong enough to be detected from the hall diode. If not, I'll add a magnet too.
3. I'll install a metallic coin in the keyboard to be able to attach the phone on my custom build magnetic car phone holder. (Now the coin with some cuts on it is replacing the rubber near the Sim card)

I'm unsure about one thing. Please, someone with a keyboard to answer me: Is the QWERTY back good connected to the phone? Is there a chance that the QWERTY back could fall from the phone during the use of it? My original back haven't fall from the phone, but the QWERTY back is significant heavier as the original one. Should I provide a 4 bolt holes on the edges of my QWERTY back and connect the back wit the phone trough replacing the original 4 bolts from the phones edges with a longer bolts trough the QWERTY back, or the design from dirkvl is enough safe against falling of the back from the phone?

P.S.
And the last question: Is there a way to buy the hinge from the partlist, without buying the BT keyboard?

Last edited by octane; 2014-03-30 at 01:44.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
URGENT

You need to disable TOHKBD daemon when using TOHOLED and way around too. These will fight about the I2C bus and other controls, and for sure may cause reboots and other malfunctions described by Kabouik.

Code:
systemctl stop tohkbd.service
systemctl disable tohkbd.service
systemctl enable toholed.service
systemctl start toholed.service
Code:
systemctl stop toholed.service
systemctl disable toholed.service
systemctl enable tohkbd.service
systemctl start tohkbd.service

And now i wish dirkvl would have put that EEPROM there, i did make some udevrules to start and stop daemons as needed based on EEPROM content. But maybe those can be done by NFC too.
(needs that TOH-switch-dimple on toh)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
O.K. than I'll try to make it by my own. Maybe with some modifications:
1. I'll try to add 2 additional keys (below the unlabelled keys of the Motorolas keyboard )
2. I'll try to attach a hall diode and connect it so, that its signal will be reported as a keypress. I'll check if the magnetic field of the speaker is strong enough to be detected from the hall diode. If not, I'll add a magnet too.
3. I'll install a metallic coin in the keyboard to be able to attach the phone on my custom build magnetic car phone holder. (Now the coin with some cuts on it is replacing the rubber near the Sim card)
Sounds good!

Is the QWERTY back good connected to the phone? Is there a chance that the QWERTY back could fall from the phone during the use of it? Should I provide a 4 bolt holes on the edges of my QWERTY back and connect the back wit the phone trough replacing the original 4 bolts from the phones edges with a longer bolts trough the QWERTY back?
By phone is pretty banged up, but the keyboard clips fine!

And the last question: Is there a way to buy the hinge from the partlist, without buying the BT keyboard?
No.

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
By phone is pretty banged up, but the keyboard clips fine!
I would warn about the opposite, last time I needed 10 min battery off restart prying off hwkb oh noticed that phone part was getting loose from screen part. If it's thard to clip on STOP, get some fine sandpaper and file down the parts kimmo pictured few posts ago. you can damage your phone on remove (possible fix that worked for me, don't go speaker corner, find one which does come loose, mine was upper right, oh is off until weekend visit to granpa, he has some paper, not gonna risk it)

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
I would warn about the opposite, last time I needed 10 min battery off restart prying off hwkb oh noticed that phone part was getting loose from screen part. If it's thard to clip on STOP, get some fine sandpaper and file down the parts kimmo pictured few posts ago. you can damage your phone on remove (possible fix that worked for me, don't go speaker corner, find one which does come loose, mine was upper right, oh is off until weekend visit to granpa, he has some paper, not gonna risk it)
i heard that...

2nd batch and updated CAD model is 0.05% larger and no longer seems to have this issue

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
8 on the mail tomorrow!

Jouni, Jesse, Teemu, Harri (2x), Tuomo, Martin, Florian

exams on monday and tuesday, then moar assembling!

Last edited by dirkvl; 2014-04-02 at 15:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
keyboard, limited-edition, otherhalf, qwerty