Notices

Originally Posted by webmok View Post
Nokia is the worlds number 1 seller of mobilephones around the globe - or intend to be at least..

Apple has been dominating the market of Apps for the past 2 years now, and Nokia hasn't been doing anything.

That is until Maemo was released, together will my nicely Nokia N900

- But I guess Nokias own developers are reading these posts, otherwise they're just stupod. This just isn't ambitious enough.

There's like - what? 165 apps at the moment? How can that compare to Apples thousands of apps? Answer: it can't.

So unless Nokia wants to loose anymore shares to Apple (and this is happening as we speak), then Nokia needs to hire some developers, do a money-for-apps-program or whatever. Cause this just isn't ambitious enough!

I'd like to hear other peoples reaction to this. No flames, thank you.
you talk like a fool!

Nerds, stop whining about how good this phone is for programming. Go boy a pc and programme on that one.
I did. I bought an ARM-powered personal computer that fits quite handily in my pocket. And it even makes phone calls!

But I guess I should have waited a couple months and bought it used, since it doesn't hold value well... But still, it was worth every penny I paid for it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Just to finish this thread off (it's a bit old).

I sold my Nokia N900. The price was shity, but apparently that crappy device doesn't "hold" it's price for no more than a month or two, and then it drops.

I've changed it to an Android-phone. HTC Legend. The phone is better, more smooth, A LOT SMALLER and ultimately a better phone.

Nokia really ****ed this up as they needed more marketshare. Nerds, stop whining about how good this phone is for programming. Go boy a pc and programme on that one.

No, Nokia had the chance to go and make a phone that could easily be as good as an iPhone. Instead they made a giant brick which barely suits in my pocket... :-(

Hell even Microsoft can make a phone (look at the new Windows 7 Phone-series).

Nokia you need to do a remake.

- Over and out.
go enjoy your new toy, you're like a kid that needs a toy!

enjoy the greatest downgrade you've done in your life.

I've changed it to an Android-phone. HTC Legend. The phone is better, more smooth, A LOT SMALLER and ultimately a better phone.
I'm still confused as to what exactly people are missing in the N900's phone capabilities. Is there something I'm not seeing beyond the ability to make and receive calls?

Nokia really ****ed this up as they needed more marketshare. Nerds, stop whining about how good this phone is for programming. Go boy a pc and programme on that one.
Slinging insults because you're upset will garner you absolutely no sympathy. I have a PC. I want something I can do the same with that'll fit in my pocket, and more importantly, have a device I can actually own instead of having to pay Stevie a hundred bucks or fight him constantly to assert ownership over stuff I pay for.

... and I won, you lost! Nokia is over, and you guys thought otherwise ;-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webmok For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
... and I won, you lost! Nokia is over, and you guys thought otherwise
Congrats. Now, what's next?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
... and I won, you lost! Nokia is over, and you guys thought otherwise ;-)
Wow! You waited 6 years to come back here and post THAT?
That's what I call determination.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
He has his 5 minutes! 6 years of waiting - let's not spoil him the taste of victory

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Pack o Necro-philes!!!

This is worse than Game o Thrones
with all the dead coming back!!!
(without the special effects here, I might add.)

what a pack Nidjits to answer this old thread
Bwahhaahahaaaa!!!

oh ..
wait
I'm writing here too!

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Apple's iOS did always had to share big parts of the mobile market with other manufactures, Nokia didn't had to do that for a very long time of period back at the time.

Last edited by jellyroll; 2016-05-31 at 19:35.

Tags
bye-bye loser, context is king!, numbers serious business, webdick prick