Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Any thoughts on price?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Call it anything you like. Just don't put the name on the hardware, especially not on the front. Also would rather not have the sailfish and Intel logos.
Agree about Intel, but I think Sailfish´should definetly be there. Front or back.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Let me build up some credibility end experience with the Moto Mod and the Tablet, then why not?
If pigs had wings they could fly...

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 456 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Portugal
I have been following this thread with close attention, I for sure would like to buy one sailfish tablet. Please keep posting details and news whenever possible, hopefully every thing will be ok with your keyboard project and this tablet project.
Just some food for thoughts maybe you could eventually keep doing sailfish devices with your partners, to seel to the comunity.
Obviously there is a great gap on sailfish devices, and this might turn out to be a small niche profitable bussiness.
Thank you.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to john_god For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
Any thoughts on price?
About same price as original Jolla Tab, the component price is similar as 2 years ago (some parts are slightly higher actually), and we need to pay license to Jolla. Overall we will keep it no more than Jolla Tab.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2017-04-10 at 20:52.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by john_god View Post
I have been following this thread with close attention, I for sure would like to buy one sailfish tablet. Please keep posting details and news whenever possible, hopefully every thing will be ok with your keyboard project and this tablet project.
Just some food for thoughts maybe you could eventually keep doing sailfish devices with your partners, to seel to the comunity.
Obviously there is a great gap on sailfish devices, and this might turn out to be a small niche profitable bussiness.
Thank you.
Thank you for your support. Already had some great news on the keyboard. Wait to get everything 100% confirmed to announce.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Thank you for your support. Already had some great news on the keyboard. Wait to get everything 100% confirmed to announce.
Thank you for taking a leadership role here. Your efforts are quite commendable. Through the years there have been many disappointments experienced by many still here at Maemo and many that are now gone. Starting with Elop/N950 fiasco, to the Jolla tablet that did not make to to full fruition. I most sincerely hope you succeed.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Regarding production, from next week will product 100 pioneer sample, to test if there is any problem during assembly and to test product. Will send a portion to Jolla to improve software.
I might have missed it if it already was discussed, but:

What kind of software improvement can we expect from Jolla? I was under the impression that SailfishOS would run as is on this new tablet because it's, in fact, the old tablet.

So do you need some tweaks because some less crucial HW components aren't exactly the same as in the original Jolla tablet? Or can we expect improvements also for the existing tablets... things that Jolla didn't do so far because it didn't make sense for them economically to further dig into the tablet specific code?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
The thing is MARKETING!

Why does no vlogger/Linux or the rest of the linux/kde/gnome community knows about this?

Just an example: Lunduke he is disscussiion Linux stuff every week on his vlog at utube. if I remember correct from the Llinux action show long ago he was a fan of Maemo.

Now Lunduke does not even know much about Jolla and Sailfishos it seems. Yesterday they discussed Ubuntu dishing Unity and Phone OS. And mer get some attention but not a world about SFOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnSPPRDI4RA

Why is that? It is simple no one except a few people here knows about it!

If you really want something to succed get the damn marketing going! If not even the Linux masses no about your project it will fail!

So get the damn marketing going instead don't sit here on a forum with ten people and hope for a success. Cause it will not happen. It will cost to much!

Tell Lunduke and other news geeks and other vloggers about the project then maybe I will start believe it can happen.

And btw I am NOT gainst this project and I am not a troll but I am a realist. You need market your product! Same goes for Jolla, Firphone or whatever.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2017-04-14 at 18:40.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
You need market your product!
You are too early, there is no product as of now.
Only a pre announcement so chen can estimate if he is on track.
He already pokers high in having two projects running.
We here at TMO know him and trust he is not only showing off or even worse.

But think of the common crowdfunding injured nerd.
Not only Dirkvl will raise valid concern regarding lack of formal credebility until there is a prototype to show.
Mike, i can tell you, many here are waiting for chen to give a signal and start promoting with all our (limited) means

If you know where to best spread the word, just do it when its ready.

Last edited by mosen; 2017-04-14 at 19:24.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os