Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
one also clearly cannot fully trust any Information given by the campaigners.
Holier truth has hardly been spoken on the pages of TMO!

Referring to any funding campaign, not just this one. It is not even specific to crowdfunding.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Why the hell not? You're making it sound like basically all business is ********.
And does that surprise you for some reason?

It's a well-known fact tested numerous times that if one runs a small business which wants to order a batch of components or subassemblies sized less than at least tens of thousands units one will be treated like trash by vendors.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Why the hell not? You're making it sound like basically all business is ********. If that was the case, one also clearly cannot fully trust any Information given by the campaigners.
However, what I'm saying here has nothing to do with Livermorium.
For small player it is. I don't know exact details about this case, however, response to initial query is not binding agreement, so supplier may and will change their position according to their interest and schedules. Campaigners can only work with information they are given but they cannot control if suppliers change their position especially if there are delays in schedule. It may be unfortunate, but it's the way system works. In my experience, even state/city officials do it at times, ask a question and get response, then act accordingly and when it's time to handle the official things as per instructed they have changed their mind and possibly caused you financial harm. And don't even dream about having any kind of atonement, their position is that they have not given any binding information and you just have to suck it all up...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Just want to stress again that Chen is not the person behind the Youyota tablet.
If he is not behind the tablet, why did he publish an update on IGG campaign page?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atbeyi For This Useful Post:
I see a shіtstorm on the horizon!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
I see a shіtstorm on the horizon!
Quickly someone alert Dave999 and start looking for appropriate memes. Maybe the Anchorman: "Boy, that escalated quickly" ? Or I told you so from practically anywhere?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Holier truth has hardly been spoken on the pages of TMO!

Referring to any funding campaign, not just this one. It is not even specific to crowdfunding.
It allways surprises me that eventhough crowdfunding has gained more and more popularity, many still see them as equal to "buying product from store". It is not so, you are investing to make some dream (product) reality. Often only that and not even a prototype exist yet. It basically is guarantee of nothing.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Quickly someone alert Dave999 and start looking for appropriate memes. Maybe the Anchorman: "Boy, that escalated quickly" ? Or I told you so from practically anywhere?
Maybe Dave turns out to have also backed the Youyota, and at the end he will have to wait for two different tablet refunds!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Are you crazy! I learn from my mistakes. Don't trust random people.

EDIT: but do agree this thread needs more memes.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-09-21 at 16:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Please guys, don't start dumping on Chen or speculating about what is going on in ways that will make him regret sharing information with us. I have no reason to doubt that he and Michael are doing their best to make the tablet a reality. Let's be supportive!

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os