Closed Thread
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by uniqueguy34 View Post
I am so sick and tired of symbian/Maemo, etc.. Nokia has been acting so desperately but unable to compete and fullfill their user's taste, unfortunately Symbian failed miserably, here in the U.S, if you say Symbian , meego or Maemo, people will laugh at you, Android is the future, plenty of APPS to download, very useful things, nice GPS. what do we get as Maemo users, nothing, i have been with Nokia since 2005, i've always loved their N-series, now I am about to say goodbye and move to either iOP or Android..
I Agree with you. Android is so fantastic it will bring peace to the world too.

Please can we merge this thread with "all whiners favourite thread"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
umm, well f__k off then
I actually don't have a problem with his ranting--the only problem I have is that he doesn't come back to elaborate or explain anything. Makes it a pointless pissing post with no purpose. Even a ranting complaint is a useful post so long as you're around to talk about it and have a discussion, but I'm guessing that wasn't his intention. It's very disappointing.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Even Mike has lost the plot

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Members ae sooo dammm bored they just want to argue and call people names on here, people like ysss love to get flamewars going etc.

I dont know if you have noticed but the majority of members have gone elsewhere now and what you have left is made up of 90% bored people.
As much as I want to disagree on some level, I can't. I don't even hang around here for constructive discussion anymore (sometimes, I'm pleasantly surrpised by it, though.. but it's getting rarer)--I go elsewhere for that... and find myself returning here mainly out of some kind of meager hope that things will improve. I've been severely disappointed as time goes on, though. :/ Breaks my heart that what I'd hoped for and wanted out of Maemo is slowing down like a steam engine running starved of fuel... slower and slower
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I actually don't have a problem with his ranting--the only problem I have is that he doesn't come back to elaborate or explain anything. Makes it a pointless pissing post with no purpose. Even a ranting complaint is a useful post so long as you're around to talk about it and have a discussion, but I'm guessing that wasn't his intention. It's very disappointing.
If you read his words they tell a story that is more true than false and all because Nokia DID lose there way because of bad development, so really he sums it up pretty well.

Pointless to tell him to f.off because that is what he will do anyhow.

WP will either make or break Nokia now as they have nothing else left.

And i am not sure if you have noticed but Elop has been "allowed" to completely take over Nokia and it's future and THAT really does spell the end for Maemo and Meego.

The guy has obviously studied risk management and is a great sales person, look at the way he presents himself and then look at his passions and goals, you will soon come to realise WP IS his only objective and he really WILL and IS killing everything else for it.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
lol

you think thats bad ?

here in au you mention maemo n meego you get blank looks !

at least where you r ppl know what it is !
Haha I hear you there. Then again I can say Linux here and get nothing. I think people buy what the media tells them too here. Haha.

I still remember working in retail. I sold one N900 I was amazed. But most people said. 'Do you have the i-phone with the wifis and the 3 gees'. Best yet was a guy who came upto me 'Do you sell the I-Telephone'

Last edited by Chickenz; 2011-09-06 at 06:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chickenz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Chickenz View Post
Best yet was a guy who came upto me 'Do you sell the I-Telephone'
To be fair, he might have been slightly ahead of his time and MEANT to ask for one of those futuristic eye-contact telephones with augmented reality texting (ala Torchwood). As soon as you tried to correct him and said, 'you mean an iPhone?' he probably had to pretend to play dumb so as not to upset the future by tipping off someone from Earth's past. You should have outright asked him, 'Are you from the future?'

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
^^ Woah, what happened to your N900 mate?

I know that you are, or were, probably one of the most enthusiastic N900 owners out there.
It was time to experience something else, but with everything in life, if one doesn't make an effort with stuff (Smartphone, community, wife, life, friendship >fill in the gap>, N900), then one can certainly cannot moan about it later.

My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
It was time to experience something else, but with everything in life, if one doesn't make an effort with stuff (Smartphone, community, wife, life, friendship >fill in the gap>, N900), then one can certainly cannot moan about it later.

Well, you CAN moan about it, but you'll be ignorant and corrected a lot for it. You lend far more credibility to your compliments and criticism by travelling down different roads. Good on ya, man!

Closed Thread

Tags
bada rox, bell end, maemo useless, news flash:duh!