For those that have been following the R-Pi, you may have seen the smartpi-touch crowd funder. Well apparently they reached their goal

Pi*****i have the kits in stock... AND have the 7" touchscreens too!

Take a look https://shop.pi*****i.com/products/smartipi-touch

Edit: It seems as though Pi-m-o-r-o-n-i is on the naughty list and is being filtered. The site is a hacker space.

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2016-11-21 at 12:52.

I think the missing letters are because it spells another name for idiot (m.o.r.o.n).
That looks like a cool idea. I've seen peple that have 3D printed a case, and attached a battery and mini keyboard in there too. Don't know what is best for cost effectiveness or whatever. Some people have nade a case out of Lego, or canavalised an old pencil csse etc and biught a 7inch screen.
These things are all very Interesting

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Hmm. A website hosted in Canada, contact address in the UK, prices quoted in GBP... Yet they use the word "color", whatever it is

Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
I think the missing letters are because it spells another name for idiot (m.o.r.o.n).
That looks like a cool idea. I've seen peple that have 3D printed a case, and attached a battery and mini keyboard in there too. Don't know what is best for cost effectiveness or whatever. Some people have nade a case out of Lego, or canavalised an old pencil csse etc and biught a 7inch screen.
These things are all very Interesting
There are some great designs out there for sure. I like form factor of this, however I'm not so big of a fan of the stand as it looks a little too bulky. That said though, it would not be too hard to dremel off the stand bracket and fasten on a kickstand (think a 3D printed butt hinge design) to the back.

As for the battery, I have become used to lugging around an Anker power brick, so I'm good for portability