hi titan... i am following your progress as i find yours easy to change the settings.. mine is currently using the ULV 900mhz... found that after calling no change back to 600.. that is cool....

need to ask you wtr u using the smartreflex for the ulv or not?? afraid it might affect the kernel...

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
in theory is underclocking/volting the cpu going to able to save a considerable amount of battery life. surely if it clocks slower it will take more time to do any actions.

i know this thread is about exploring the possibilities of underclocking/volting, but wouldnt an investigation into stripping down the os yeald better results?
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
in theory is underclocking/volting the cpu going to able to save a considerable amount of battery life. surely if it clocks slower it will take more time to do any actions.

i know this thread is about exploring the possibilities of underclocking/volting, but wouldnt an investigation into stripping down the os yeald better results?
Don't mix under clocking and volting. And the thing you are interested is the different states and algorithm that controls when to change to next cpu state level and when to go back. I´m also interested because after seeing different middle states done by titan and lehto i haven't seen any explanations/studies for selected levels.

I bet that states what Nokia has selected are carefully tested and algorithm (how long and when to go down) on background is optimized for stock frequencies.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
What are the risks of undervolting? Obviously there will be stability issues if the CPU isn't getting enough juice but is there any risk of damage to the CPU, etc.?

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
Thanks lehto your original 900mhz kernal is the nuts nice one.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
What are the risks of undervolting? Obviously there will be stability issues if the CPU isn't getting enough juice but is there any risk of damage to the CPU, etc.?
My understanding is that undervolting will not damage the CPU. the problems comes in the form of errors occuring and this causing other knock-on issues; e.g. memory and data corruption due to a faultering CPU
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I have been running the 250-900-lv-titankernel with modules a couple of hours now. It seams stable. I will later try the 250-810-ulv-titankernel when i get the time.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I`ve been running the lehto 125/900 kernel and the phone is fast and great and the battery life is amazing....before I was going to bed with an almost empty battery, now its almost 40% left!.....so for me this overclocking experience is superb

The Following User Says Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
Does anyone else running titans ulv kernel have problems running screen calibration, mine crashes after i touch the screen.

Titan,

can you please post the kernel sources you're using (or the diffs)? Preferably on gitorious or so.

Thanks!