Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
So please consider donating whatever you feel reasonable (or even unreasonable) if you find ProfileMatic useful. Heck, I'm not too picky, I'll take donations even if you don't find it useful .
I received a couple of donations - thank you for your support! And nice to see the donation account works.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
So far so good. I installed the beta on a newly flashed/cleared phone so no leftovers such as previous rules were lying around..

Only slight glitch was the rules I'd set up disappearing after the first reboot after installation, but they survived a second.
It switched to 2G as it should this morning and I'll find out if it goes back to the default of dual later today...

I'll be sure to visit your donation page sometime soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to WhitP For This Useful Post:
Not done for Cell Ids, but similar "timeout" has been done to WLAN. I'll look into including it to CellID location for 1.5.0 or 1.6.0.
Cool, thanks for considering it.

I suspect if AT&T were better at my work I wouldn't have to worry about it

I have 11 CellIDs for positions within like a 20ft radius... that can't be normal

That should be possible. I'll add it to things to do. But who knows, Philip might decide to implement it, then it might arrive sooner than expected :P.
Should be possible - I'll send a merge request when I'm done.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chillip For This Useful Post:
Did you see any calls in the call log, what I mean was the phone just silent? Just a word of warning about the rules as you described up there: setting cell id and WLAN to the same rule rarely makes sense. That kind of rule means both conditions must much, that you're in one of the specified Cell Ids AND you're connected to the specified WLAN. It's not that either of the conditions being true will make the rule active.

Anyway there's no way ProfileMatic can make your phone not receive calls (except by turning on flight mode, but uninstalling ProfileMatic would not resolve the issue in that case), so whatever it was I doubt it was caused by ProfileMatic. But if you can reproduce it and let me know the exact situation and what rules you had, I can try and reproduce it myself.

Anyway I will also be testing the power saving mode etc. more on my phone, but so far I have seen no problems.
The phone just went silent while on the caller side it kept ringing. Maybe this was caused by the conflict in my rules or possibly ProfileMatic conflict with other program, I'm not quite certain. But I can confirm that such silent behavior toward the incoming call was gone once I remove all rules and uninstall ProfileMatic.

Here are the 3 rules I added.
1. Home: All days 7:00-22:00, with cell id & WLAN SET (I also tried with only WLAN, it behaves the same), FB-Gtalk-Skype all OFF, power safe is OFF.
2. Outside: All days, 7:00-22:00, cell id NOT SET, WLAN NOT SET, only FB ON, power safe is OFF.
3. Night: All days, 22:00-7:00, cell id NOT SET, WLAN NOT SET, FB-GTalk-Skype all OFF, power safe is ON.

To my understanding, I also think that ProfileMatic rules should not block the incoming calls. But it happens and I really have no clue what is the cause of such behavior.

Cheers,

Hello,

I had similar issues. Sometimes I don't know which rule is active.
Is it possible to show the current active profile in the UI?

Furthermore, I second to have WLAN conditions based on visibility and not based on connection. Only with this it makes sense to set the availability e.g. SIP.

Missing feature 1.3 to 1.4:
I miss the switch to restore the BT setting like in other actions provided.

Best Regards and thanks a lot!
Jens

Originally Posted by thanyapat View Post
The phone just went silent while on the caller side it kept ringing. Maybe this was caused by the conflict in my rules or possibly ProfileMatic conflict with other program, I'm not quite certain. But I can confirm that such silent behavior toward the incoming call was gone once I remove all rules and uninstall ProfileMatic.

Here are the 3 rules I added.
1. Home: All days 7:00-22:00, with cell id & WLAN SET (I also tried with only WLAN, it behaves the same), FB-Gtalk-Skype all OFF, power safe is OFF.
2. Outside: All days, 7:00-22:00, cell id NOT SET, WLAN NOT SET, only FB ON, power safe is OFF.
3. Night: All days, 22:00-7:00, cell id NOT SET, WLAN NOT SET, FB-GTalk-Skype all OFF, power safe is ON.

To my understanding, I also think that ProfileMatic rules should not block the incoming calls. But it happens and I really have no clue what is the cause of such behavior.
That really weird and I have no idea how that could happen, even if there was some conflict with another program. Your rules seem fine. I guess I can only wait if anyone else experiences such problems.

Only the power saving mode switching I could imagine causing anything like that, but even that is a stretch.

Sorry but I have no idea about the problem you're experiencing.

Originally Posted by JLo View Post
I had similar issues. Sometimes I don't know which rule is active.
Is it possible to show the current active profile in the UI?
Yes, I've been thinking about showing that information for a while now. As someone else is interested in it too, that's a good time to do something about it.

Furthermore, I second to have WLAN conditions based on visibility and not based on connection. Only with this it makes sense to set the availability e.g. SIP.
Can you clarify a bit? I would imagine setting availability of SIP would make sense only when you're actually connected to the WLAN? Having it near-by but not connected would be no help with SIP connection.

I'm wary of adding support for near-by visible WLANs because that drains battery more due to polling.

Missing feature 1.3 to 1.4:
I miss the switch to restore the BT setting like in other actions provided.
I'll add that to next version.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Auto 2g to 3g is working great. Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to legoman666 For This Useful Post:
Hallo,

Can you clarify a bit? I would imagine setting availability of SIP would make sense only when you're actually connected to the WLAN? Having it near-by but not connected would be no help with SIP connection.
I'm wary of adding support for near-by visible WLANs because that drains battery more due to polling.
I will do. My default mobile setting is Power Saving (PS) ON. In this case it is not possible that the device connecting to WLAN automatically.
In case I come home, there is no chance to connect to my WLAN except I create a rule to set PS OFF based on CELL ID. I guess that changing to PS OFF consumes more power than checking from time to time, if my home network is visible. Maybe this "time" can be set as an additional option. I have no idea if it is feasible.

I would like to create a rule to check CELL ID and WLAN visibility.

Thanks about thinking
Jens

Last edited by JLo; 2012-03-07 at 17:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to JLo For This Useful Post: