Notices

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ontario
I have this installed on my N9. I can connect and see my library on xbmc but cant do anything other than that. I click play nothing happens. I try pressing the navigation keys nothing happens. Is there a new update available because xbmcremote is not in the nokia store anymore. I am currently running PR 1.2.

Originally Posted by singh01 View Post
I have this installed on my N9. I can connect and see my library on xbmc but cant do anything other than that. I click play nothing happens. I try pressing the navigation keys nothing happens. Is there a new update available because xbmcremote is not in the nokia store anymore. I am currently running PR 1.2.
Huh? It is not in store any more? I still can find it: http://store.ovi.com/content/200497

Please tell me which version you are using. I wouldn't reccommend to use anything older than 0.8.

Hello and thanks for the app, it's become essential for controlling our XBMC home entertainment hub!

I have just one suggestion: I like to browse through my Music using the Files view (not Library). Would it be possible that the app would remember my choice permanently? Now I always have to long-press and switch to Files when I launch Xbmcremote.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmlahti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
Huh? It is not in store any more? I still can find it: http://store.ovi.com/content/200497

Please tell me which version you are using. I wouldn't reccommend to use anything older than 0.8.
Ok maybe its back. Before when I searched in the ovi store on my phone it wouldnt show up. I am currently running version 0.8.0. Any ideas why its not working.

Originally Posted by singh01 View Post
Ok maybe its back. Before when I searched in the ovi store on my phone it wouldnt show up. I am currently running version 0.8.0. Any ideas why its not working.
Its fixed had to reinstall xbmc on pc... my bad

Originally Posted by mmlahti View Post
Hello and thanks for the app, it's become essential for controlling our XBMC home entertainment hub!

I have just one suggestion: I like to browse through my Music using the Files view (not Library). Would it be possible that the app would remember my choice permanently? Now I always have to long-press and switch to Files when I launch Xbmcremote.
Valid point. I'll see what I can do.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
I think there is a bug:

Steps:
have 1 xbmc connection configured with IP like some.thing.x.5
configure a 2nd for another machine with IP like some.thing.x.3
last active connection was x.3
have PC x.3 shut down or a least no xbmc running (same outcome, only difference is time to timeout)
start xbmcremote on N900 (whose IP is x.x.x.4)
either wait for timeout or go for menu right away (same outcome)
choose connection of PC x.5

EXPECTED OUTCOME:
XBMCremote will connect to PC x.5

ACTUAL OUTCOME:
XBMCremote will shutdown

I have made a log which I'll send you via PM. There's also a lot of errors showing but in the end it seems to confuse N900 with the xbmc box it is supposed to connect to.

Hey everyone!

XBMC Eden has finally been released, and along with it, I have published Xbmcremote 1.0. Finally all of you can upgrade their XBMC boxes and start using Xbmcremote. I'm looking forward to the feedback from a lot of old and new users.

The highligts in this release are:
* Greatly improved NFC feature
* Reworked Keypad
* Improved call handling (more options and shows a notification in XBMC)
* many more smaller improvements

Big thanks to all of you who reported bugs, shared your ideas, contributed translations or donated.

Feel free to continue giving your feedback and/or donate a beer to celebrate the 1.0 release.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
Hey everyone!

XBMC Eden has finally been released, and along with it, I have published Xbmcremote 1.0. Finally all of you can upgrade their XBMC boxes and start using Xbmcremote. I'm looking forward to the feedback from a lot of old and new users.

The highligts in this release are:
* Greatly improved NFC feature
* Reworked Keypad
* Improved call handling (more options and shows a notification in XBMC)
* many more smaller improvements

Big thanks to all of you who reported bugs, shared your ideas, contributed translations or donated.

Feel free to continue giving your feedback and/or donate a beer to celebrate the 1.0 release.
mzanetti, should adding folder/playlist to existing playlist of music be working?

using the released XBMC server and latest remote i still can't add...

Thanks.

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
mzanetti, should adding folder/playlist to existing playlist of music be working?

using the released XBMC server and latest remote i still can't add...

Thanks.
Works fine here. But as discussed on the previous page, it works only for the Library and for directories which directly contain files. Xbmc does not recurse into subdirectories.