Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Mexicali B.C. Mexico
it caused me too, reboot loops and red light blink, how can i correct this?

Originally Posted by m461c14n View Post
it caused me too, reboot loops and red light blink, how can i correct this?
BackupMenu if you ask captain hindsight, reflash if else

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Updated to the "meego version" too and my phone survived a full boot (incl. battery out for some seconds) ... smells fishy though ...

Wipe your phone with a dry cloth. Put in rice overnight, might get rid of that smell

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Sounds like thing, that should be quickly replaced with package containingold version with bumped version number, as dirty quickfix for people that already installed it. Or someone got better idea?

marmistrz, I appreciate Your good will, but could You please use some common sense? As misiak said, Your upload is wrong, wrong, and plain wrong. Please, ask before uploading something that don't have extras-testing and/or extras installation candidate, as You're overwriting -devel one, with only -devel possible.

Agreed on it being security hole, though.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-04-28 at 11:16.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Estel: while I agree with your point, this is extras-devel we are speaking about, standard warnings apply (or have they gone to sh...?, not many people still flash big red warnings about it), it IS for devel purposes, do you really mindlessly click 'update all' with devel as source???

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Someone phucked up. Thanks for the warning boys, i'm updating my system just before leaving for another three weeks, and it showed up in FAM.
@marmisterz: Sure its devel, but please use another name so that it will not conflict with the tested version, will you? If it's for MeeGo-related stuff but mangles with an root/SSU contained package, this is nasty.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-04-28 at 11:10.

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...meego1141+0m6/ - doesn't have a maintainer and has "meego" in version string... and, what's worse it's again the situation when a package in extras-devel have the same name as package from "Maemo 5 device root filesystem" nad SSU repositories... (reminds me of SDL_mixer, which might also break something after installation). Are you sure it didn't cause conflicts with other packages, e.g. maemo-fremantle-pr? Did you install by ham, fam, apt-get, fapt-get?
Actually the SDL_mixer with support for ogg and mp3 fixes a few problems and is full mixer vs wav only provided by Nokia (does conflict with some packages requiring this version of mixer, that is true, another repo hell example)

Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in....0.3-2osso1.1/ old package
Thanks for this - I recommend everyone who got it installed to manually overwrite using original version, via dpkg -i <downloaded_file>.

@szopin
While I agree about it being -devel "and the usual warnings", it's not the point here. It got same name as package from SSU repos, thus overwriting it during update, despite *not* being proper actualization, nor it was meant to. Plain wrong situation. Yea, it's mainly due to lack of common sense on uploader side (sadly, which he got history for :/ ), but also a secutiry hole in repos system.

The later will be probably addressed via Community OBS, but for now, some quick fix is needed.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
i'm updating my system just before leaving for another three weeks,
Assuming you're going for vacation... does not compute. I delayed updating busybox-power for 2 months, as it is a tool I use daily/all the time. Checking the thread if people will report any issues regularly. Don't believe any update will fix anything if I got stable system (in the long run it might bring goodies, but mostly those are bugfixes, have no bugs to cry - why rush with update??? Unless I'm in testy mood, but right before vacation? got burned once, enough)

And seriously, those should return:

BEWARE OF EXTRAS-DEVEL!
UPDATE ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING WITH THIS REPO AS SOURCE (or if you're a tester)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: