Posts: 80 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Serbia
Originally Posted by PIDk View Post
Also, could you please relocate TxPad config from /home/user/MyDocs/ to /home/user/.config/ ?
Yeah, i was planning to do that. I had some permission problems with .config/ eariler so i just left it in MyDocs/..

Thank you for your suggestions i hope that i will have enough time to implement them all for the next version. I have several deadlines atm, thats why its taking so long...

TRX.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trx For This Useful Post:
Some more issues

"New file" button on the ribbon produces error message when pressed. I have managed to create new file only from the menu.

To reload a file one must go to file menu, choose "Close" and then open it again. It's working OK, but it would be more convenient to have "reload" button on the ribbon.

The Following User Says Thank You to PIDk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I updated TxPad QML and now the application won't run when I tap the icon. No error, just nothing happens.

By the way, would it be possible to add a R language support? Here's an example of a desktop software with R language support, in case there is some useful information.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Hi!

Version 0.5.5 is now available. Change log is in the first post.

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
By the way, would it be possible to add a R language support? Here's an example of a desktop software with R language support, in case there is some useful information.
I can't promise you that but it will probably be implemented in the next version..

TRX.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by trx View Post
Hi!

I can't promise you that but it will probably be implemented in the next version..

TRX.
Awsome, thank you! And the update fixed the can't-launch-app issue for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Hi!

TRX.
Thanks for the update! TxPad selection now works even better than n9's native selection feature! Excellent implementation!

Though a problem with "copy" button is still there (you must press it several times in a row before it actually copies text) - but it's a minor bug.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PIDk For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the update! TxPad selection now works even better than n9's native selection feature! Excellent implementation!

Though a problem with "copy" button is still there (you must press it several times in a row before it actually copies text) - but it's a minor bug.
Thanks

I tried to reproduce that bug but i couldn't :/ Does that happen every time?
How does the Cut button behave, the same?

TRX.

The Following User Says Thank You to trx For This Useful Post:
Thanks

I tried to reproduce that bug but i couldn't :/ Does that happen every time?
How does the Cut button behave, the same?

TRX.
Yes, every time. And cut is also affected - "cut" only erases selected text but doesn't copy it.

Steps to reproduce (kind of):
1. Open random text file in TxPad.
2. Open "Notes" app and start new note (or open any other program with text field where you can paste text).
3. Select some text in TxPad and press "copy" button on the ribbon.
4. Switch to "Notes" and move cursor somewhere - context menu will appear. Menu will only have text style options available (no "paste" button). Text hasn't been copied.
5. Switch back to TxPad and press copy button quickly several times in a row.
6. Switch to "Notes", make context menu appear - now we have "paste" button. Text has been copied.

Also, i think clipboard manager (e.g. http://store.ovi.com/content/269786) will help debug this problem. (I haven't got one installed right now)

My phone is N9 with latest firmware (PR 1.2).

Last edited by PIDk; 2012-06-25 at 14:01.

Yes, every time. And cut is also affected - "cut" only erases selected text but doesn't copy it.

Steps to reproduce (kind of):
1. Open random text file in TxPad.
2. Open "Notes" app and start new note (or open any other program with text field where you can paste text).
3. Select some text in TxPad and press "copy" button on the ribbon.
4. Switch to "Notes" and move cursor somewhere - context menu will appear. Menu will only have text style options available (no "paste" button). Text hasn't been copied.
5. Switch back to TxPad and press copy button quickly several times in a row.
6. Switch to "Notes", make context menu appear - now we have "paste" button. Text has been copied.

Also, i think clipboard manager (e.g. http://store.ovi.com/content/269786) will help debug this problem. (I haven't got one installed right now)

My phone is N9 with latest firmware (PR 1.2).
Thanks!

This seems to be a problem with the system clipboard.. I will look into it, and try to figure out why this is happening...

On a side note, as i have no way to set up donations, i have uploaded TxPad QML to Nokia Store where it costs 5 euros. So if anyone wishes to contribute to the project in this way, it would be welcome. Of course, TxPad will remain free here and in AppsForMeego always, and its sources available.

TRX.

1.What kind of characters are use using?(give me a few so i can test), TxPad supports UTF8..

2. I am aware of this, i will have to think of something for that..

3. Is this for a eg. one long line, or multiple lines? when you are dealing with multiple lines, you can select a few and then scroll down, and just pick up the marker and drag it to where you need it, the selection start will be where it was... I am aware that there are quirks with a long line selections which i will try to resolve.
1. Try to test this file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53999812/Test.txt It is in Windows-1251 codepage. Most russian versions of Windows work with this codepage by default. Maybe you can implement codepage switching mechanizm?

2. Thnx

3. I'm talking about one long line. The problem is that "pick-up point" of marker is blue dot (you must tap your finger precisely in this spot to pick up marker). But after pick up, "holding point" is the very bottom of marker. So, when you pick it up, the tip of the marker will immidiately shift several pixels up.